Note to New Members ×

TD3's Rule Steamboat Ract to the Cup

philfell

Ok - I've seen the final results post from "http://www.live-timing.com" but what are they asking to be inserted into the "BOLD PRINT" to follow the race along Live.

The PGS race first qualifier starts at 11:30am. It would be great to follow along.

From this LINK:

Maine Transplant Tops the Podium at Race to the Cup

By Luke Graham

Steamboat Springs — Dustin Sysko never lost faith.

Even after battling bad breaks and no finals appearances for a long time, Sysko always believed he’d again see an Alpine snowboarding podium.

That confidence paid off Saturday, during the second day of the Race to the Cup at Howelsen Hill.

Sysko outlasted 15 other riders and held off Ryan Mc**Donald in the finals to claim a victory that enables him to get a World Cup start in his home state of Maine in February.

“I’ve been working hard at it, but it’s just never seemed to come together,” Sysko said. “This weekend is the first time in the finals in awhile. It’s been bad luck at some races, but this is one I needed. Everything sort of conspired together” Saturday.

Sysko was best able to handle the soft snow and flat light on Saturday. Sysko, who moved to Steamboat Springs in November, said he came in just trying to finish as high as he could.

But as each round progressed, he started to realize he had a shot.

“Sysko is riding the best I’ve ever seen him ride,” McDonald said. “He had a great day. I did everything I could. He was better prepared. He was awesome all day.”

Friday’s winner, Darren Ratcliffe, finished third, and Michael Trapp finished fourth.

On the women’s side, Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club member Mimi Wiencke overcame a shoulder injury to outlast Ariane Lavigne in the finals.

Wiencke, who said most of the field was tired from Friday’s finals, decided to take a different approach to her racing heading into Saturday.

“I want to give it a little to luck. I had some lucky circumstances” Saturday, Wiencke said. “I just felt great (Satur*day). I wanted to be a little conservative. I have a shoulder that’s been dislocated, so I was more conservative and fast, and I think that calmed my mind down a little bit.”

Lynn Ott finished third, while Ekaterina Zavialova finished fourth.

Saturday’s event concluded two days of racing. Winter Sports Club Alpine snow*boarding coach Thedo Remme*link said he came away happy with the way the event went.

“Absolutely. I think it ran very well,” he said. “The racers were all giving each other runs for their money. The more races you can get like this, the better you get. The level is constantly pushing up.”