Note to New Members ×

Anyone familiar with Coda boards?

cb0y1

I had a blast testing the new 170 CODA today at Mammoth I put it in some steep terrain and pushed it hard and fast for my first run it handled the speed well The long split tail flexed and molded to the terrain and made riding the chop and crud effortless.In the groom I tried to push it on the nose but it likes to be ridden more at the center and off the tail.I didn't have time to test the 190 but the 170 proved to be a good all mountain board.Keep a eye on Chad and his new sticks.

Frank

I'm sure the boards are great, and i'm not saying no or anything, but Coiler is pretty well established around here as far as boards go.

However, what i'm really interested in are the Monoboards themselves. Metal split tail monoboard sounds awesome. unfortunately i know nothing about the technology.

What kind of bindings do the monoboards use? And are they release or non-release? Also, do they work with the Deeluxe line of snowboard boots (T325)?

I'm sure the boards are great, and i'm not saying no or anything, but Coiler is pretty well established around here as far as boards go.

However, what i'm really interested in are the Monoboards themselves. Metal split tail monoboard sounds awesome. unfortunately i know nothing about the technology.

What kind of bindings do the monoboards use? And are they release or non-release? Also, do they work with the Deeluxe line of snowboard boots (T325)?

I think I'm missing the point you were trying to make with the first sentence.

He uses those Bomber fruitblade bindings, which do work with 325s, but I don't know how the boots themselves work for that kind of riding.

I am going to be at Mammoth tomorrow testing my new proto-type carving snowboards:

170 cm, 19.5 cm waist, 10m sidecut radius

190 cm, 19.5 cm waist, 10m sidecut radius

Chad or others, how does that 190 ride? seems like a ridiculously tight sidecut for a 190...

Without a doubt there are several board makers such as Coiler and Donek that are well established and produce awesome products. CODA is not trying to copy or out-do these leaders. yama and now CODA have always had a focus on experimentation and prototyping and with the way the CODA monoboards are able to carve, it seems silly not to add some carving snowboards our line of products, and so far I am very pleased with the way they are turning out.

As for the bindings on the monoboards,... I am big fan of the non-release bindings on monoboards and that is why CODA monoboards all come with an insert package that is set up for 4x4 pattern skiboard bindings. Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of skiboards, but the bomber Elite binding happens to be a perfect match for CODA monoboards.

As for custom shapes... we can totally do custom work. Each season we have tried out several variations on our current shapes... some work well, others not so much :o

As for the 190 Sidecarve... I really enjoyed it. It could crank tight turns, but it was also great just riding edge to edge at high speed. It is based on a monoboard model that was the result of monoskiers wanting a long board. Also, the first time I took a prototype out at Mammoth earlier this year, one of the carvers I hooked up with mentioned that he would like something around a 190 length, so I thought it was worth trying.

Thanks for the enthusiasm y'all. I look forward to getting more involved in the carving snowboard world.

• 6 months later...

We have just released our updated website for this season. Here is the page that is most relevant to this thread :biggthump

http://www.codaboards.com/snowboards.php

In the near future we will have all new graphics to choose from, or of course, we can build a board with your own custom graphics.

We have added a line of carving snowboards, an option for a metal layer in your board, and we plan to add the option for custom base graphics at the start of the new year.

Thanks again for all the great support!

-Chad

Are Coda monoboard bindings compatible with snowboard boots?

If so... Stay in business for about 2 more years and I'll probably be lining up to get one.

I've been wanting to get back to my roots and try skiing again, and well, a monoboard seems to be the best of what I like about snowboarding and skiing while eliminating what I don't like about skiing.

Would you make me a package deal on a v-tail, twintip and skis with matching graphics?

The diamond plate under the zipper would be cool:cool:

v3_straight.jpg

As soon as the free ride snowboards and skis are out of beta testing, we can totally do a package with matching graphics!