Note to New Members ×

Videos forum usage?

Jack M

What should the Videos forum contain?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Videos forum contain?

• Eye-candy only
    • ALL videos

The videos forum seems to be getting more usage, especially now that it is so much easier to put video online these days. We're debating how to handle videos. Put ALL videos there, or just the eye-candy?

Personally I would like to see technique discussions stay here in the Carving Community whether they include video or not. Or do you think it would make things easier/more organized to put all threads with video in the videos forum?

We would probably have to apply the same logic to the Photos forum. I would also like to see that be just for eye candy and snow sports photography discussion.

disclaimer: the results of this poll will be non-binding. Just trying to get a feel. And Fin has the final say of course.

NO dont move a post just because it has vid in it. If it applies to the topic then leave it. Stop over organizing:freak3:

I think this only really applies to threads that start out with a video. If a video was posted in the middle of a thread this poll wouldn't apply.

For every person that says to not organize there is someone complaining to organize. :freak3:

I agree with Bobby as well...

If we're talking about cross-under turns here and someone posts a video of that, I think it's fine where it is...

I don't have a problem with moving a post if it's purely an eye candy thread, like someone posting vids from an epic pow day in the 1st post or something....

I didn't vote because there wasn't a third option.

Just leave it like it is.

I think its good for showing off, ie: eye-candy; but it is also good for technique and advice. I think you can ASK for technique advice in the community forum, but to show whats actually going on might be better posting in the video forum.

I don't think that every video that has been posted on BOL should go under the video forum though. Some posts are metal videos and cartoons and such. I think it would get confusing.

Just my 2 cents...

I don't think that every video that has been posted on BOL should go under the video forum though. Some posts are metal videos and cartoons and such. I think it would get confusing.

Of course we would not put non-snowboarding videos in the videos forum... that's off-topic.

We can't just leave things the way we are, because we haven't defined exactly what goes where.

Buggs, you still haven't voted in the poll.

Personally I would like to see technique discussions stay here in the Carving Community whether they include video or not. Or do you think it would make things easier/more organized to put all threads with video in the videos forum?

I was curious as to why my thread bounced around. Obviously my video wasn't eye candy, and therefore technique discussion ensued!

Well I just posted one too that's not eye candy by BOL standards.

You can move it wherever you like. I've gotten zero replies on it so I guess my technique is PERFECT. :smashfrea

How about a sub-forum for technique Q's?

The Carving Community has always been all about technique as well as all things alpine-snowboarding. I was going to respond to your video when I had time. I'll move it here.