Note to New Members ×

Best Practice Hill

hairywater

mansfield is private i thought?.. id say horseshoe, they got some cheap days, wed and sun i think. i find that all the other surrounding resorts just dont do these boards justice, and blue can be a long drive sometimes. But if your just getting started then maybe lakeridge. skyloft is smaller i think. oshawa ski club rents alpine gear, maybe they have something to accommodate these boards.

i started at lakeridge, hope this helps,

happy turning!

Skyloft is open to the public on weekdays and night. However only one lift. You'll be the only hardbooter there. Unless you are there when they first open, by 10:30 it will be full of local school kids during the week.

If you are learning, I would suggest the Oshawa Ski Club /Kirby. Lots of hardbooters there anytime during the week, so lots of experienced people to watch and learn from. A little further away but not much worse than Caledon by the time you add traffic on smaller roads through Brampton.

It's a not-for-profit private club but also open to the public anytime of the week.

Mansfield is open to the public Wed to Fri as long as it not Mens or Ladies day on the Friday. My team, Ontario Snowboard Club, also trains there on the occasional Thursday, and Friday. Its a great hill, they have about 10 members that are also ripping on boards, and a couple of the guys in charge are good plate riders too. They may even be able to set you up with a lesson if you want, as CASI just ran a carving instructor course at Mansfield, so them may have people on there staff that are certified.

Mansfield is open to the public Wed to Fri as long as it not Mens or Ladies day on the Friday. My team, Ontario Snowboard Club, also trains there on the occasional Thursday, and Friday. Its a great hill, they have about 10 members that are also ripping on boards, and a couple of the guys in charge are good plate riders too. They may even be able to set you up with a lesson if you want, as CASI just ran a carving instructor course at Mansfield, so them may have people on there staff that are certified.

Does Gord still work there? I think he is certified.

D.:biggthump

Oshawa Ski Club at Kirby has Demo's available at their Pro Shop via Dave and Andrea at YYZCanuck. Oxygen Protons from about 148 to about 184, Deluxe 225's from 24 to 30 and F2 bindings.

They are home to is probably 30 or more alpine riders including the Race program...Towers has about 5 OSC riders in his high performance program.

The weekends will be a bit busier now with the seven week lesson program and racing starting this weekend.

http://www.oshawaskiclub.com/

Thanks, i'v been out on my freeride with plates, thats been good. Its wiiiide so edge to edge is clunky, but I like the solid connection with the board. I'm getting a real carving board soon.I'm going to call Mansfield and see if I can arrange a lesson or two during the week. Weekends are too busy all around. Thanks for the input, hope to see you at the Osler SES.