Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Funky today, windy low viz, dust on mushy concrete. not much fun

Talked to the groomers today and thanked them for a great season, and asked where I could leave them a case of pbr tall boys. They where very glad for the beer coming there way and where very glad to hear that we liked what they had done. They where very proud of their work on scrub, and wanted to know what I thought, I told them we loved it and enjoyed having to sack up before a run. Expect more scrub next season, as well as nix nox, and I think we need to start a bribe fund for the gooming dept for next season:biggthump

mario

Today was not a day for groom. Chairs 4 and 8 were fun later in the day with the amount of snow that had fallen. It's very rare that you get a pow day that gets better as it goes along.

I got there @ 9, and not enough snow had fallen yet to make it a pow day, it seemed more wind scoured than anything early, I was out by 11. I may have had a better day if I waited a bit longer, but I did not have the patience, I think I am getting a bit tired of the wind as of late. Glad to hear you had a good day Jim, see you on sunday

mario

Boyfriend and three friends making a hostel of your house to ski the pow - awesome

Good friend flying out last minute from Boston to visit, contribute to above hostel and ski pow for the first time ever - epic

Losing your phone in said pow, not knowing where or which run you lost it on, and miraculously finding it an hour later AND it still works - f*ckin lucky

the Pow....PRICELESS!

Let's do it again tomorrow :biggthump

Well the snow conditions may have not been the best but the company was awesome. Major Props to the Big Man, Professor Mario for taking the time to share his knowledge and spend a few hours getting me squared away (literally). I had some major breakthroughs in regards to upper body/lower body separation, alignment, and carve initiation...stuff I would never have figured out on my own without another persons feedback and I'm very grateful. Mario really knows his stuff and how to translate what he is seeing into useful analogies, and its great that he is willing to share what he has learned. I go so much good feedback that it was overload at the end, but I wrote it all down for future reference.

Thanks also to Derek and Monodude for their additional input which was also helpful.

BTW, KarverKai rocks, very impressive. :biggthump

Lovey's still open ?!

Lee,

One more week.

Dan, way to listen and apply, and good on you for taking notes! Join us next season, ther is nothing like riding with others to bring up your game, and you could have the oppurtunity to repay me for that pasteing I gave you. :eplus2: Thanks for your kind words

mario

So start off Saturday with an incredible powder day with some great company then finish it off with a day (actual day) of riding with KarverKai.

KK ended up making seven (7) runs on the big hill, more than twice what he had previously done (goal was 5 or more). He rode chair six twice taking different runs each time, expanding his usable acreage. KK linked turns solidly, rode non groom, rough, bumpy soft stuff, and got freshies. WHAT A DAY!

Hopefully those who shot vid of KK will post up sometime. Thanks.

To all the LCI members and friends with us yesterday. Thank you for all the words of encouragement for KK. Those words and cheers go a long way in motivating and exciting him. He loves you all for it.

Seraph,

Bigs said you made good improvement yesterday. Way to go! Think about riding with us next season more often, like Bigs said, to elevate your riding.

As for separation, think of your speed skating. Upper body bent forward, stable, aiding the legs. Lower body all power and finese, pushing, pulling, steering and making HP. Snowboarding, upper body angulated, stable, aiding the legs. Lower body all power and finese, pushing, pulling, steering and making HP.

Maybe not exactly since I was never a speed skater but hopefully you get the point.

Nicole,

Very nice to meet you this weekend. You got some great snow for your short trip out.

Bigs,

Way to show others the way of the carved edge. Thank you very much for your support and encouragement to with KK. You helped push him to new heights yesterday.

Angie,

Thanks, KK was stoke to watch and ride with you.

Till next weekend, Aloha.

Ink

Monodude and I had a great time this am on 4, 8 & 9. The 8" rode more like 14. The Nitro Swallow Tail and the Duret? mono ski were making some nice turns. We were just along for the ride.

Mono, I lost you on the way back from 8. Where did you go?

It was sunny and warm, but at least it was windy. May need to try it again tomorrow. The end is near.

Arne:)

=

Mono, I lost you on the way back from 8. Where did you go?

Arne:)

That was FUN today Arne. I couldn't get high enough to get over the ridge, and there was no tracks below so I made some.... Made several more in the area then rode #1 for several carving runs then #6 for a few more then #2 for a couple. Left around 2. I'm WRECKED... in a good way. To all of you guys with straight jobs...................................................................

Nanner Nanner, you missed the BEST powder day...

on

Feed the addiction...:eplus2:

we did not see you on the hill much this year so.....

All gloating aside, today was one of the best carving days of the year. Good snow, good light, good wind, warm temps. Sorry to do this to you, but needed to share the view.

i tell my 9th graders it's poor form to gloat

(gloat: be full of greedy or malicious delight,

oxford mini dictionary)

but that's just me

Sorry Pete, I think I skipped that class. If I remember right, I skipped a lot of classes.....:freak3:

I'll try to keep it to a report rather than the Greedy/Malicious Delight I felt.

BUT DAMN it was GOOD.

Don

:eplus2: Feed the addiction...