Note to New Members ×

Loveland this weekend (12/20 - 12/21)?

John E

definitely Sunday

not sure about Saturday - currently packing then driving to Alamosa tonight, working in South Fork tomorrow and possibly Friday. Forecast in that area is being announced in feet. Taking my Dupraz and BC gear to ride Wolf Creek in case work gets postponed/canceled.:ices_ange

today, saturday, was somewhat rigorous

i was afraid to look at the temp, but it was probably

single digits -- either above or below zero

the wind was noticeable, possibly gusting as high as 50 mph

i made sure to sit between mario and dustin on the lift, both

for wind block and self preservation

the idea that you would subject yourself to this AGAIN on

sunday is hard to imagine

i'll most likely see you there

pc

Of course I'm serious, it is only 5 below with a wind chill of 29 below.

Can you say warming trend?

It's like the fricken banabelt up on the divide today!:biggthump

The Crashers for christ have started their annual migration, I saw my first kc cheifs jacket yesterday!

To all of those who couldn't make it today due to injury (hows the back Don?) wimpyness or whatever unexcused absence you can muster, just let me say this: You just missed one of the most stunningly spectacular carving days in the history of the LCI!!! The snow was sublimely grippy carvalicous. The drive-bys from all of the fancy resorts kept driving by and kept the slopes both cloudveil and arcterx free. The racers are off racing. There were very few NFL jackets, blaze orange camo jumpsuits, rear entry boots, and people skiing in jeans.

Empty.

All day.

Sunny with light wind, no lift lines, no gapers. Bracing temps in the single digits.

In a word,

Heaven.

I hope I can walk tomorrow.

mario

LCICD

Mario was right- the snow was great for both carving and free riding which is what I chose to do today in soft boots. I will be back on hardboots very soon especially if it doesn't snow for a few days although I rode plates Wensday and had a great time. It was fun to say hi and see everyone. If I don't see you all before Christmas Have A Merry One!

I'll own up to the "wimpy" catagory. Saturday I glanced up at the mountains on & off and it looked WINDY. Your postings Sat PM confirmed that. The forecast for Sunday didn't look too good (high of 8) & I wimped out again Sunday. However, it seemed to be a lot less windy on Sunday and I regretted not going.

So, instead I went rug shopping.

Based on Mario's description of conditions on Sunday, I'm sure all of you are jealous because you didn't get to go rug shopping.

Thanks for rubbing my nose in it.