Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadow Reports 2008-2009

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan, do you know Lisa K ?? She is local. The gal I mentioned is Mike H's wife. (In the pink, in above photo)

Yep, I do, I attended a Snowperformance camp a few years ago where Lisa K coached. The woman I ran into the other weekend was definitely somebody else -- early 20s, brunette.

Sandy, welcome back to Portland -- hope to catch up while you're here at least for drinks, and maybe a trip to Meadows.

Cheers,

Dan

Yep, I do, I attended a Snowperformance camp a few years ago where Lisa K coached. The woman I ran into the other weekend was definitely somebody else -- early 20s, brunette.

Cheers,

Dan

And you didn't get her NAME!! Photo? :eek: DUDE!!!! :confused:

I know you are now married, but we have to have a talk :cool::smashfrea

Looks like our schedules are opposites, look forward to putting in a few runs with you Dan.

Bryan

Rode today with svr, had good clean pow fun. I finally beat you Oregon guys to something! Make sure you ride the proto boards Sandy has, you will be pleasantly suprised. I am making plans to have a production 200 of this design, Sandy will tell you which one! Dang, this longboard stuff is a real disease, my checkbook will start wasting away now...

You able to come down?

Bryan

Nope, gotta pick up my wife at the airport Sunday afternoon. She's been in Vegas for a month, playing nanny to her new grandson. He went full term, but was VERY underweight. He is not ready to go to daycare, but his mom had to go back to teaching school, so my wife got to watch him. This age goes by so quickly, the time is irreplaceable. Next you know, they are 15 like my youngest, and asking for driving lessons!!

Fresh off the presses!!! Sandy is back in town and he has got the GOODS!!

Tanker Lovers Unite!!! Sandy has a couple top secret Proto boards to fondle. :1luvu:

Monday / 02/02/09 Meet and Greet at: To be announced SOON!!

Time: 7:30 PM till at least "Happy Hour" :eplus2:

Place: Portland area: Jim M will offer some suggestions. Discussion is welcome.

Sandy plans to ride MHM both Sunday and Monday.

I plan to ride Monday for sure, maybe Sunday (I hate the crowds)

Lets see if we can a mass a carve crew and share a few brews!!!

Tanker Lovers Unite!!! Sandy has a couple top secret Proto boards to fondle. :1luvu:

Hey Bryan, remember it will be Super Bowl Sunday. When I've made it up on Super Bowl Sunday in the past, crowds have been pretty thin.

And count me in for Happy Hour for sure, sorry that I'm not going to be able to make it to the hill either Sunday or Monday.

And you didn't get her NAME!! Photo? :eek: DUDE!!!! :confused:

I know you are now married, but we have to have a talk :cool::smashfrea

Ha ha, unfortunately I've been housebroken. If I run into her again, I'll give her your phone number. :biggthump

Sorry to get off this late post but got busy at work tonight and couldnt get it done. I am excited to see the new Tanker proto boards. I sure Bryan and me could offer some feedback on how they ride:eplus2: I probably will only ride monday but might be able to make sunday also depending on family.

As far beer and food goes...

Brewpub ideas are:

Laurelwood on Kearney http://www.laurelwoodbrewpub.com/restaurants.php

pyramid brewings mctarnahans taproom http://www.macsbeer.com/the_place.php

Luckylabrador on quimby http://www.luckylab.com/html/directions.html

Most of happy hours start at 930pm but like Casa El Matador, Ringside, Jakes .... nothing like good & cheap food with more beer....

Any suggestions helpful, please chime in ....

Jim, looks like Laurelwood on Kearney is closed on Monday.

The one on "Sandy" is open and it is open later? It is pretty central too?

Anyone been to it? Menu looks very reasonable.

Bryan

Never been to that one but drove by a few times . Yes its good for me? Also remember hopworks off powell last year with Buell? They have a great happy hour that starts at 9pm ?

I have not been there either. I like the "Hopworks" that Buell picked out. It has had better ratings too. If know one else chimes in here pretty soon. Let's pick a spot and call it good. Be nice if where ever we go they have larger open tables?? Can't remember if Hopworks had that.

Did you reach Erik? Can he come?

Bryan

I have not been there either. I like the "Hopworks" that Buell picked out. It has had better ratings too. If know one else chimes in here pretty soon. Let's pick a spot and call it good. Be nice if where ever we go they have larger open tables?? Can't remember if Hopworks had that.

Did you reach Erik? Can he come?

Bryan

fellas, i would like to join if possible. if interested, i have huge amounts of credit at http://www.salvadormollys.com that needs to get used. just a thought.........

Will be at MHM tomorrow from around 9-930 am. I will be on FRS radio channel 13 code 20. Will gladly give anyone a chance to try a negative camber/rockered camber tanker if they contact me. Will also bring the boards to the bar for the festivities to chat with everyone about. looking forward to seeing anyone that shows and will also be at MHM on monday morning to ride with anyone that is available.

As for the the bar/restraunt. Anywhere is good with me as long as they have good beverages and we can share them with good friends.

cheers,

sandy

fellas, i would like to join if possible. if interested, i have huge amounts of credit at http://www.salvadormollys.com that needs to get used. just a thought.........

Hey Scott, that is a MOST generous offer for sure. I had to give folks an address and without allot of conversation I just made it Hopworks Been there, it is central, fairly roomy, organic (did I really say the O word :) , with an industrial twist, good beer. Parking in the rear on the lower level also.

Hope that works for everyone.

Some of the folks are not on Bomber, so I had to give a location.

Scott you are certainly welcome and I would love to take you up on burning some of your credit another time maybe??

Here is the map link and the address/phone is:

Hopworks Urban Brewery

2944 SE Powell Blvd

Portland, OR 97202

Tel: 503 / 232-HOPS (4677)

post-198-141842273072_thumb.jpg

Hey Scott, that is a MOST generous offer for sure. I had to give folks an address and without allot of conversation I just made it Hopworks Been there, it is central, fairly roomy, organic (did I really say the O word :) , with an industrial twist, good beer. Parking in the rear on the lower level also.

Hope that works for everyone.

Some of the folks are not on Bomber, so I had to give a location.

Scott you are certainly welcome and I would love to take you up on burning some of your credit another time maybe??

Here is the map link and the address/phone is:

Hopworks Urban Brewery

2944 SE Powell Blvd

Portland, OR 97202

Tel: 503 / 232-HOPS (4677)

thanks for the info and i will be there. anytime you want to go eat and drink at salvador mollys just let me know. i have enought credit to last a long, long, long time. just say the word. i will bring the goggles i told you about.

Will gladly give anyone a chance to try a negative camber/rockered camber tanker if they contact me.

You guys are just plain lucky Sandy has that one to let you on...I wasn't about to wrestle him for it in Baker's parking lot...kinda like two kids fightin' over candy...bwahahaha!

Booooo! I see you looking at us :lurk:

Maybe you have been checking out the board, perhaps you met

one of us on the mountain?

It's is time to step out of the softboot shadows and find out what hardbooting is all about :biggthump.

Come and visit with some of the Portland/Vancouver Alpine Crew and learn

why we ride alpine.

We will only make you sit on the children's stool for an hour or so then you

can mingle with the rest of the boys and girls.

You are Welcome , REALLY!!

Bryan

I think I can get a hall pass from the wife to go out with the local carve crew... Any number I can call or some thing to identify the gang to locate you guys in the pub since I've never met anyone there? Looking forward to meeting you all!

Kelvin

EXCELLENT!!! Sent my phone number via PM.

See you there!!

PS, probably hard to miss us :)

Just spoke with the manager of the brew pub.

She has ok'd bringing a few boards into the pub.

She is setting aside a space in the loft for us. (carpet upstairs) Concrete first floor. This is ideal!!

Upon arrival, just mention "Snowboard Group" to the hostess.

Thanks, Bryan

PS, I will bring a set of TD3s on a Tinkler snowboard

and a set of the new Fin-Tek heels so folks that have not seen them in person yet can see them.

I am happy to also bring one or two old snowboards if someone has a special request??

(You can carry it up and down the steps :)

SUNNY!!! Looks really nice for the Tanker 200cm Proto type test day!!

I will post an update later!!!

Time to RIDE!!!

Bryan

On the way:

Mike T

Jim

Sandy

You should be here, it is not to late!!!

I heard that an old friend "Jim" is back in town?

I know because Mike just rebuilt his Burton with a plate and stix!!!

SWEET!!