Blue Mtn Updates

JBS

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

glenn, I'm going to be there whenever possible (weather permitting). Looks like it may actually get back to nightime freezing temps later in the week, so Thur & Fri may be OK ?

I thought I heard it was 1/2 price for the rest of the year ? Do you get up often enough to make the 'Early Bird Special' for next seasson worthwhile? IF so, you can buy it & use it now !

glenn, I'm going to be there whenever possible (weather permitting). Looks like it may actually get back to nightime freezing temps later in the week, so Thur & Fri may be OK ?

I thought I heard it was 1/2 price for the rest of the year ? Do you get up often enough to make the 'Early Bird Special' for next seasson worthwhile? IF so, you can buy it & use it now !

JP...I just pay as I go. Most of the time I can get away with 1/2 day ticket 'cause I'm worn out by then. That and every time I go on Mon. or Tues. I get the men's day and business day discounts. AND I can only get there about 10 or so times..

With all the above it hardly pays me to buy season ticket and if I get hurt or can't go for some reason I pay and don't get value.

But I do appreciate the heads up...

As I said, if you're able to go Fri., I'll most likely be there.

Was up today at Blue and it ranged from "see your reflection" ice to mashed. Razor was closed as a cat died on the first headwall and they don't know how to move it. Generally really crummy grooming if at all. Going tomorrow 3/9 and then next week if it holds. Getting thin....

They groom every night on most everything except the bumps on main street, light rain expected thru late morning but sound like still rideable. DOnt know if I am going Monday but looking at Tuesday sometime. They said closing MArch 22 or 29, depending on how they hold up.

Was up today at Blue and it ranged from "see your reflection" ice to mashed. Razor was closed as a cat died on the first headwall and they don't know how to move it. Generally really crummy grooming if at all. Going tomorrow 3/9 and then next week if it holds. Getting thin....

I say just throw it in the woods...Foxes will eat it :lol:

Started out sweet (what I was waiting for yesterday) and just got better :biggthump until I couldn't stand any longer ! Sugar was starting to pile up around 1 PM.

Good time as always, riding with you Glenn.

Stayed 'surprisingly' nice until about 11:00 AM, over on Challenge, Razors Edge & Paradise. Pretty 'soft' on the other side :eek: when I went to go back to the Top Lodge (Bottom closed during week).

Could be descent in the morning ? Maybe I'll try Saturday morning, see if they throw me out (weekday pass) with 2 days left in the season :eplus2:. I'll just tell them Jesse said it's OK :lol:.

Chubz, surprisingly not :biggthump. Last Thursday it actually stayed 'firm', you would have loved it ! I kept waiting for it to soften up 'a little', it never did in the morning.

Friday, it started out nice and just stayed that way until 1:00PM or so. I kept thinking it'll get 'ugly', so I'll take (1) more run then leave, finally I couldn't hardly stand (glenn was killing me, with his 'hands behind the back' drill, over in the 'Carving Area' !

If the nightime temps. drop to where they are calling (Thurs.-26*, Fri.-23*, Sat.-27*) should be firm in the morning, I'll be there to find out as long as I don't get 'forced' :AR15firin to stay over at work.

2nd thought, why don't you just stay home :eplus2:. I don't need anyone :nono: putting the 'Ballentine Rings' inside of my linked turns (after I worked 2 hours to make them) :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Started out sweet (what I was waiting for yesterday) and just got better :biggthump until I couldn't stand any longer ! Sugar was starting to pile up around 1 PM.

Good time as always, riding with you Glenn.

Yep John, that was a good day:) Only made three or so runs after you left. Paradise was getting dark on one side and very soft everywhere there was sun exposure. Thought it best to give up before too much equipment damage (burred an edge as it was)...That's it for this season :( Was a good year although, as always, too short. Was a pleasure riding with all of you...Hopefully we'll all be blessed to do it again next year...