Blue Mtn Updates

JBS

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It WAS epic conditions, didnt loosen up as much as I thought it would, I stayed until 1:30PM (4.5 hours) and left with fresh legs and just got done working, well worth it. I love the days when it seems effortless. I did see an arc that I didnt think was mine but I didnt see you John. conditions you would have loved on the 158 Jesse, especially the top headwall.

Only scary thing was more than handful of straightliners on Razor because it stayed fairly flat and chalky. Favorite part of the day beside stickiness right after first HW was pointing it from mid slope, down over second HW headed straight fot he pines on the right and then laying out big fat highspeed heelsides into tighter toesides on that lower flat section.

I hope it stays tight thru tonight and sat should be decent and sunday.

New Coiler just crossed into the US this evening in Buffalo and is heading east. Due Tuesday, test runs Wednesday for lunch.

Woulda been there except my dumb a$$ set my cell phone alarm for the PM instead of AM. did so during the 2am feed of the baby and fed her again at 5am.

My dad needed me anyway. Someone broke into his place sometime this week and stole some things, mainly his chainsaws, which for him are like our boards. Pretty putrid for the morale. Yesterday he finally started being himself again and then we found that today. Back to square one. Fire last week, burglary today, whats next??? Oh I forgot, its the night the he and I camp out in the outbuilding where the stuff was taken:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin

I will be out Sunday, hoping its not too solid. My heads not in it, could use an easy day.

Glenn

If I were to guess, my assumption would be a combination of semi-rigid ice layer on top of groomed and just ugliness falling from the sky. I saw ice on my jeep this morning and had an inkling it wasnt going to be nice up there. Much of that preciptation probable came during and after grooming.

It looks to clear through the night and grooming will occur during this time. Things should set up nicely for Thursday, maybe a little stiff, because the rain coming through will freeze, but most precipitation should be done by the time they start grooming. It looks good for Thursday. Sunny with good temps for Blue with slight loosening. Usually between 20-30 at Blue provides good carving snow. Just keep the fingers crossed that the groomer operatorsa re not smoking too much pot or drinking and ridges hope to be minimal.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/USPA0379?begHour=22&begDay=28&from=hrly_graph

I would still keep it on your schedule to head out.

Chubz..... will there be a maiden voyage tomorrow? ;) Must have trip report ASAP!

On another note conditions may be a little interesting tomorrow. At around noon yesterday they closed the east side of the mtn. Both of the high speeds were put on ice hold. So hopefully that means they had plenty of time to groom.

Good luck and make some turns for me.

Jesse

As the planets align, things should be hero on Saturday and Sunday. dont know if I will have any legs, they were cooked from Tuesday and Thursday.

the Chubz77T is allowing me to run on anything so I am getting more turns per run than normal.

Saw JP1 and Glenn yesterday. good laughs glenn!!:D

Reminders to those guys. John has the skills, just push your self to turn tighter John. Glenn, smooth all the way, I will bring you some fertilizer an see if we can incubate some balls so you will give Razor a go;) Your skills will allow you there and its yours for the taking.

If Jim ever signs up, wegotta get him on an alpine.

I saw someone else out today, but didnt know who it was, good linked turns.

Only there for short time, legs were done and had to finish ripping floor out of my dads place.

As the planets align, things should be hero on Saturday and Sunday. dont know if I will have any legs, they were cooked from Tuesday and Thursday.

the Chubz77T is allowing me to run on anything so I am getting more turns per run than normal.

Saw JP1 and Glenn yesterday. good laughs glenn!!:D

Reminders to those guys. John has the skills, just push your self to turn tighter John. Glenn, smooth all the way, I will bring you some fertilizer an see if we can incubate some balls so you will give Razor a go;) Your skills will allow you there and its yours for the taking.

If Jim ever signs up, wegotta get him on an alpine.

I saw someone else out today, but didnt know who it was, good linked turns.

Only there for short time, legs were done and had to finish ripping floor out of my dads place.

Take enzyte on regular basis...Stuff doesn't work for Razors...Maybe I'll try to soak 'em in Miracle Grow :)

Yeah...Great laughs!

Thanks for the pointers...Mind if I light up? Oh...and I have some personal business...:lol:

Be there Monday with Son...Maybe see you guys...

cafercr35, Glenn, his Son & myself plan on being there. I ride out of Lower Lodge 8:27 am. Depending on conditions usually hang out on Paradise / Razors Edge, if they're ugly, I try Lazy Mile or the middle of the hill, but always ride whatever lift is running at the bottom (Quad or 6-pak). I'll show you my 'secret stash' :o

I hope glenn didn't show Chubz (that guy tears up EVERYTHING with his new toy) :biggthump :lol:

cafercr35, Glenn, his Son & myself plan on being there. I ride out of Lower Lodge 8:27 am. Depending on conditions usually hang out on Paradise / Razors Edge, if they're ugly, I try Lazy Mile or the middle of the hill, but always ride whatever lift is running at the bottom (Quad or 6-pak). I'll show you my 'secret stash' :o

I hope glenn didn't show Chubz (that guy tears up EVERYTHING with his new toy) :biggthump :lol:

I'm about 80% in...looking to see if any of the Jersey boys wanna join me...if not I'll fly solo and hook up with you guys. If I do come I'll be there at lower, before it opens. How do I find you? I have Lime green pants and driving a Flamed metal Coiler.