Note to New Members ×

Blue Mtn Updates

JBS

condtions?????:barf::barf::barf: in a bad way. loose granular mixed with death cookies. The stuff just bottomed out from underneath and offered no push back. Hopefully we do get some precipitation in order to adhere all that loose stuff back together.

didnt go today for fear it was going to offer another dose of loose junk.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! I go on one little trip and miss out on all the fun. The conditions at SES were far from perfect (at least for board testing). I searched all over Aspen for good rideable conditions and all I found was grippy hardpack, soft groomers and powder. I finally found a sweet line at the hotel parking lot was not quite BM ice, but consist of a nice pitch. But wouldn't you know it every morning at least 4-6" if fresh ruined it. What a bust :(

Oh by the way.... Bruce's boards suck extra bad out west. I had to seek out at least 40degree pitches just to get a tiny adrenaline rush. These new fancy metal boards are dooming the sport of alpine. The next thing you know we will all have to ride switch just to make things interesting. :D

see ya on the snow,

Jesse

PS.. Are there any surfers out there. If so remind me to tell you about a completely trippy dinner I had in Aspen.

Looks like tomorrow (Monday) is my day...Going to break out the backup (Donek) since I've rounded out my hex screws on the Trenchdiggers. Give me a chance to compare Donek to Prior...

If anybody can make it, I'll see you there :)

Oh my...That's right it IS a holiday :( Realized it after I was on my way so continued on. Got to lodge and was inundated with kids on snowboards or what pass for them...and skiers...HUNDREDS OF SKIERS!!! THEY WERE EVERYWHERE:AR15firin

Stayed in lodge 'til about 9a just to be sure none of you guys showed...Drove home...

O.K. ...SO...Try again tomorrow...If any of you guys are up for it, I'll be there!

Oh...and Jess :flamethro

Silly goose,

From what I hear;), conditions were Top 5 days of the year, flat, firm, chalky, blissful. not as crowded as weekends, but still pretty good in lift lines. From what I heard there were no buses there, maybe 2. Razor was open for the most part, paradise was insane though.

I think it is just another excuse not to ride, WAH!!!!:biggthump

Missed out.

From what I heard it held up until about 2:45 and probably stayed good thru sundown.

From what I hear it should be great the rest of the week, as long as they dont leave piles of blown snow too deep.

Better get out b4 mumma nature decides its spring again.

Silly goose,

From what I hear;), conditions were Top 5 days of the year, flat, firm, chalky, blissful. not as crowded as weekends, but still pretty good in lift lines. From what I heard there were no buses there, maybe 2. Razor was open for the most part, paradise was insane though.

I think it is just another excuse not to ride, WAH!!!!:biggthump

Missed out.

From what I heard it held up until about 2:45 and probably stayed good thru sundown.

From what I hear it should be great the rest of the week, as long as they dont leave piles of blown snow too deep.

Better get out b4 mumma nature decides its spring again.

Were you there? I watched for quite some time and never saw any carvers...Could be I misjudged the number of people but it sure did seem to me that there were TONS. The group ticket window was open and there were a couple of buses...Rug rats galore and I'm sure I heard a few of them say that their entire school (regional) was on it's way :( Oh, and somebody said nothing but enormous ice and crud boulders:eek: And the snipers...Did I mention the snipers :eplus2:

Anyway, went back today and it was great. Snow perfect. Not too crowded, and I ran into some friends...Good day...

Next is Thurs. if no rain...Be there or be square:cool:

Wednesday

Sick sick sick,:barf: a little slow (speedwise) in the afternoon, but consistent dusting lead to small accumulation of sticky/fluffy stuff. It was fun messing with diffenret riding styles. My fav was standing straight, arms glued to the sides, like at attention and tilting it over and backs of hands touching snow while standing perfectly straight, very cool sensation.

Very foggy at the top, rode on intuition but snow conditions made it do able.

Rain has set in here in Easton, but keeping an eye on Channel 12 camera at blue to see what its doing , thursday and friday should be good but may be frozen groom pending on what form of precip they get and when they groom.

Went today (Thurs.)...Was raining on way up and DARK clouds. Almost diverted to ski shop tours but decided to at least go to resort...Got there/sun came out/riding good.

10a 'til 2:30 p snow was pretty good. Little soft late but good bite. Slow toward bottom. Some dark spots (thin) late.

All in all, good day.

Work for four nights :( Next chance Thurs.

Have fun weekend...

Chubz - I must thank you for bringing me back to basics. After riding with you, and discussing the nose problem I was having. I tore down the bindings, started from scratch and set myself back up directly on center, also widened the stance slightly too. Glad to say after riding about 3 times on the center set-up and the wider stance , I have not had a wobble from the nose since. Is it in the head?....LOL

All I have to say is WTF?

Where the hell have I been? Blue is one sweet little mountain. I had sooooo much fun. Great terrain, cool old school feel, I like the middle of nowhere stuff.

Cafercr35 - you were not joking about this place.

I got a completely last minute day off with my wife, so we really had no plans or expectations for the day. What a treat!

I would love to join you guys for BMES. I'll try to make whatever date you come up with.

That's one thing, most of Blues trails have 'Lots of Character' :biggthump. Obviously,'some guy on :eplus2: a bulldozer' (sorry glenn) didn't just drive to the top of a hill and cut a bunch of paths to the bottom. It is a well laid out area to say the least. Lots of turns with some nice banking, off camber and rollers, not a lot of the 'point and shoot' trails like some of the other local areas. A couple nice wide and fairly lengthy (at least longer than the lift) cruisers. An effecient lift system & a design that segregates a fair amount of the riding to one side or the other. But please don't tell anybody this :argue: it's suppose to be a secret :rolleyes:.

JMO !

Glenn

Should be there about 10 as long as work adn wife dont hold me up

Erik

What time were you there, I got in about 2pm until 4pm and it was still sweet, only rode razor.

Should be rgeat for thursday thru sunday.

Let us know whenyou are coming back always welcome new folks to blue

Joe

Met a guy today named bruce who knew you. he asked if he could just follow me for a run just ti watch.

Had an encounter with a teenager (15-16)todaywhose only language was "yo... yo.... yo pal, yo, yo, .......whatis that thing?" I was feeling wise cracky so I told him "I dont respond to YO and when you learned some manners, like "excuse me, what is that thing" then come back and ask."

Great I just gave Glenn something else to chid me about besides my other issues.

What time were you there, I got in about 2pm until 4pm and it was still sweet, only rode razor.

Should be rgeat for thursday thru sunday.

Let us know whenyou are coming back always welcome new folks to blue

I was there at about 1:30 on Tues and rode till 4:30. I looked for hardboots as I passed the lift at the bottom but didn't see any.

I had to pull myself away from racers edge/razor edge? to explore some more but that was definitely my favorite trail.

I now have Blue envy. Awesome hill you guys have there!

Wednesday afternoon

chalky/sticky in the afternoon and still pretty stiff. Should have groomed nice for today , but didnt go becuase of other arising commitments. I might head up later tonight while my wife is feasting on ugly betty, greys and private practice, still no hot lesbian scenes on any of those shows, I'm done with hand holding thursday night.

With slight snow changing to rain this morning and temps skyrocketing into 50*it sgonna mush up and then freeze again overnight. tmeps to 55* on friday with rain. Two days of that means mush corn slop with some death cookies. and below freezing at night should hope to make it frozen granular and stiffen up thru the weekend.

Save you cash and wait for next week to set up, which it should.

Erik ur only aloud to tell one person about "The Blue Mountain Secret"

:biggthumpIT MUST BE A HARDBOOTER...LOL:biggthump

No problem.

Hey cafe, there's a sweet little mountain in PA called Blue Mtn. Great terrain, great snow and great general feel. You should try it sometime.

This concludes my obligation to the "Blue Mtn secret". I won't tell anyone else after I hit the "submit reply" button.

Friday morning, 2-27-09. Be careful on Razor's, had some 'thin :eek: spots', heard that dreadful sound and didn't even want to look at the P-tex. Was pretty sweet so kept riding though. Was pleasantly surprised when I got done and seen no damage to base :biggthump (musta been ice, luckily).

Hopefully temperatures will drop as forecasted (maybe Ma' will even co-operate with a little 'natural') and they can 'blow' for this Friday's BMES09 :biggthump.

Saturday Morning.

All that rain that came in Friday night was kindly frozen into solid solid solid groomed cord. virutally impenetrable (sp?)

JP1 has mentioned making pencil thin lines, well this was the first time I had ever truly seen it. Less than 1/4 " thick. The Metal Coiler hung in there and actually tracked for turning, but the scary part was once you lose an edge, tough to recover and you would slide slide slide. I went into the woods only once after about an 80 foot slide and that was enough for me to say bag it.

JBS who will ride anything even said it was just a touch too stiff. His MADD 158 would have done much better.

We can only hope that temps stay down and dont moisten it up too much with refreeze. because today was not something I want to be on again anytime soon. Ridable but not worth the risk of losing an edge and visiting the pines again.

Maybe they will make one last coating of new snow to help with grooming. Keep the fingers crossed.