Note to New Members ×

Thursdays @ Sunapee

EZE

To the regulars; You Know Who You Are.

Sunapee has some great snow, opening weekend was fab with nice firm snow and not too many human gates. Good for the hard carves. Opened with two trails down the front and one in the bowl(never made it to the bowl lift is too slow) This weekend past snow was still excellent with same trail count however they decided to groom the edges last and they were a bit soft, had to stay in the center of the trail to lay it down, get too close and you sank into the 2.5 inches of new groom.

They are blowing like madd.

Rain and 50 degrees forecasted for tomorrow:( but I heard a rumor BJ and some of his friends might go Thursday.

If you haven't heard the Muellers(Okemo Owners) have sold the Sunapee Lease Rights to the owners of Loon(combo Pass??). They will continue to run Sunapee for the rest of this season but next year the change will take place.

Snowing heavily right now and a large snowfall scheduled for Thurs into Fri:1luvu:

The Muellers have a 40 year lease-back agreement, so they're not going anywhere.

(ORLANDO, Fla.) Dec. 5, 2008 - CNL Lifestyle Properties, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on lifestyle properties, announced today its acquisition of the privately held assets of three ski and mountain lifestyle properties: Vermont's Okemo, Colorado's Crested Butte and New Hampshire's Mount Sunapee. CNL Lifestyle Properties is purchasing the resorts from family-owned Triple Peaks, LLC and leasing the properties back to Triple Peaks to manage the ski, golf, hospitality and conference operations under a long-term lease.

This is just the first paragraph of the press release. the rest of it is here:

http://www.okemo.com/okemowinter/pressroom/newsroom/CNL.asp

• 3 weeks later...

I was there yesterday,1/4 snow was "tight" there was plenty on the edges but by noon it was pretty hard. I don't know what they are getting today, if they get more rain this week will be a wash. EZE what's the weather? There were a couple other hard booters up there, I ran into Eric S. from Preformance Downhill and a friend of his as I was on the way out. I should be up one day this weekend, hope it gets cold enough to blow some snow.

Geoff do we get to see the new Virus if we show up on a Wednesday?

Paul

I was blacked out until this past Sat. Sat. was snowing hard and poor visibility. I rode for 45 mintues almost got clipped and said screw it. They were parking in the 3rd lot at 8:45, too busy for serious edge to edge carving.

Went Sunday, snow was firm and good for the carve, however I had a boot buckle malfunction and left at 9:15, went home and ordered a brand new pair of Track 700's with a rush delivery before next weekend.

As the holidays are over the weekends should be a little less crowed.

I've switched my physucal therapy days to Wednesday this year to ride with the crew.

They cut bumps into Flying Goose, and they were grooming out Goose Bumps.

Looks like possibly 6 inches coming wednesday with only a slight chance of sleet to freezing rain for us.

This weekend should be great.

EZE

Durace (or others)

I tend to shy away from the blacks, but sunapee is a smaller mountain- are theirs tamer than say mt snow's?

I was eyeing the sunbowl quad's liftline run. Also bonanza/chipmunk on the main peak.

Hopefuly since school breaks are over, the mountain will be pretty empty during the week.

I've got a season pass for stratton/okemo/sunapee, so I'm game for going pretty much whenever, so long as I have someone to take care of my dog while I'm gone!

I was blacked out until this past Sat. Sat. was snowing hard and poor visibility. I rode for 45 mintues almost got clipped and said screw it. They were parking in the 3rd lot at 8:45, too busy for serious edge to edge carving.

Went Sunday, snow was firm and good for the carve, however I had a boot buckle malfunction and left at 9:15, went home and ordered a brand new pair of Track 700's with a rush delivery before next weekend.

As the holidays are over the weekends should be a little less crowed.

I've switched my physucal therapy days to Wednesday this year to ride with the crew.

They cut bumps into Flying Goose, and they were grooming out Goose Bumps.

Looks like possibly 6 inches coming wednesday with only a slight chance of sleet to freezing rain for us.

This weekend should be great.

EZE

White boots!? I see you are going to be like the rest of us now. Can you handle that. :-)

I'm going shopping for a new coat as white & red don't mix well with orange.

May have to sell my car too:), so people in the parking lot won't throw up.

I was even toying with the 325s just cause they were black, but I knew they wouldn't hold up the the torture I'd put them through.

I'm going shopping for a new coat as white & red don't mix well with orange.

May have to sell my car too:), so people in the parking lot won't throw up.

I was even toying with the 325s just cause they were black, but I knew they wouldn't hold up the the torture I'd put them through.

Dude, new jacket because of red/white boots, you serious guy?:freak3:

Didn't think there were any Metrosexuals in NH, guess I was wrong

Man just go all pink, looks good with your facial hair.

Will any fellow carvers be at Sunnapee on the 18th? A fellow co-worker and I are calling in a mental health day and will be carving for the first time this year. I have been rehabing my knee, so I will be praying a little. I will be on a Mistral 175 with an old army gortex jacket.

Cheers!

It is also no 5 to 10 inches like they thought.

Looks to be maybe 3 to 4 inches of little ice ball bearings.

Very fun to drive on and will be ground into a wonderful base for this weekend, nice and firm.

Saturday is calling for 2 to 4 inches of cold fluff snow.

Every trail with snowmaking capabilities is open now at Sunapee.

EZE

Light Snow for most of the day Thursday with some breaks of sun.

Blustry winds temps in the high teens low twenties.

It's now almost 4pm and getting dark so i don't think the sleet or freezing rain is going to make it up here. The best forecasts come from wmur.com and look for the Lake Sunapee Area regional forecast.

They will groom this in tonight is should set up nice and hard and then we'll get a little light fluff on top.

Dress warm,bring something to cover your face, and the best goggles you have for low light.

Should be a good day for carving.