Note to New Members ×

05 Summit Expression Session - Use this thread for talk

Michelle

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest from our friend Roger at the St Moritz, dated 11/19/04:

"I erred in the rate for the standard lodge rooms. It is $136 for the room, single or double occupancy, not per person (plus a contribution to Colorado and the city of Aspen totalling 9.6%). I've got eight rooms still available."

Hey guys/girls

I just posted an item on the SES pricing page so that people can order a Van from DIA to Aspen. If you are interested, I will need to know 2 weeks prior to the event to set this up. This is non-refundable; once I make the reservations it will be set. These vans will be rented from Resort Express, and depending on interest we will have 2 vans, maybe more. We will have them leaving at 2 different times, for those of you who are getting in later. If you order this option, please also include your flight arrival time so that I can organize the vans the best way for everyone.

Let me know if you have questions.

MJ

Just got this email thought it may help some of you.

Save BIG with the Mountain Saver Package

Book your air, lodge and lift by January 1 and get up to 40% off airfare when you travel midweek, and up to 50% off lift tickets. Kids 6 and under ski/ride free, and kids 7-17 get discounted lift tickets. Ask about Kids Fly Free.

To book, call 800-679-3149 and mention the Mountain Saver Package or visit aspensnowmass.com/mtnsaver. All rates subject to availability at time of booking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Win a trip to Aspen/Snowmass

RLX, the official outfitter of Aspen/Snowmass, is offering an opportunity to win a trip for two to Aspen/Snowmass. Prize includes round-trip airfare for two, four nights' lodging, four days of lift ticket, four days of deluxe equipment rentals and up to three days of instruction. Register now at RLX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ground shuttle — special offer from CME

Colorado Mountain Express provides daily shuttle service to and from Denver (DEN) and Eagle (EGE) airports to most lodging destinations in Aspen/Snowmass.

With the Great Rates program, a family of 4 can transfer to and from EGE for just $46 per person each way and $89 per person each way from DEN. Reservations: www.ridecme.com or call 800-525-6363 or 970-926-9800. When placing reservations use the discount code “GREAT.” Not applicable with other promotional programs. Rates subject to change.

• 2 weeks later...

My trip is booked!!

Coming into Vail airport on the 16th, hanging out with you guys for a few days and then a week+ in Utah!

Is anyone going for just the first part of the week and want to split the ticket package with me? E-mail me at rustyinnh@yahoo.com

Longshot I know but I'll give it a try.

BTW...The eagle airport had very good prices and I won't have to deal with what looks like a 5 1/2+ hour van ride from Denver. I booked through expedia and found one way tickets from Boston

for $253.

Edit: I booked my flight through Orbitz...

Flying on United both ways.

Boston to Aspen via Denver on the 16th and then returning from Salt lake City to Boston on March 1st for.....$297.40!!!

I think that's a good price but I can't be sure. What are you folks gettng there for?

Hey Mozzman,

when's your website gonna be back up? Keen to have a look, I've only seen one other carver in Aus that I didn't already know! BTW I've flown in/out of Aus with heaps of gear (boards, skis, bikes, climbing gear, sometimes all of it on the one trip) and never had a problem.

Now to get back (almost) on topic, I wish I could be there, sounds like a blast! But I have to ask, Michelle, how come you guys aren't doing some of the other resorts in Summit like the other years? Aspen does have some of the best groomers around though drool.......

And who was at SES '04? I had to work unfortunately. I was kinda dissapointed that I didn't see a SINGLE CARVER ride my lifts (Rendezvous/Sierra) at Copper!! Wassup with that?

Tear it up guys, make a few turns for me.

Benno

Inside scoop

You can be there first if you plan ahead . . .

FREE FIRST TRACKS with Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen/Snowmass pros on Aspen Mountain and Snowmass, offered every day at Aspen Mountain call 970-925-1220 x3543 for reservations. And offered every Wednesday and Friday at Snowmass, 970-925-1220 or 800-525-6200. Valid lift ticket and reservations required.

The way this worked last year was you call in advance of your trip and one could make up to six reservations for a specific day. The group size was limited to 20 skiers/riders + one instructor (guide). First up load at 8:00 a.m. which is one hour before the general public.

Originally posted by Pat Donnelly

Inside scoop

You can be there first if you plan ahead . . .

FREE FIRST TRACKS with Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen/Snowmass pros on Aspen Mountain and Snowmass, offered every day at Aspen Mountain call 970-925-1220 x3543 for reservations. And offered every Wednesday and Friday at Snowmass, 970-925-1220 or 800-525-6200. Valid lift ticket and reservations required.

The way this worked last year was you call in advance of your trip and one could make up to six reservations for a specific day. The group size was limited to 20 skiers/riders + one instructor (guide). First up load at 8:00 a.m. which is one hour before the general public.

We're already planning this. I have spoken to the mountain managers and they are making a special exception for us. Plan to be at the mountian early. I'll have more on this later.

I'm all set for Aspen, so count in another. I'm flying right into Aspen, probably just staying at the St. Moritz hostile and ruffing it a little. I'm coming out by myself, so I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and having an incredible time out in the mountains. I've had just about enough of this midwest weather, but hey, 5-8 inches possible tomorrow! To bad it's Wisconsin's first snow storm of the year! And when you guys are bumming because it hasn't snowed for a week, just think about us midwesterners riding on what feels like a snow cone. You can't beat granulated ice pellets, the edges just sink right in. Anyways, enough complaining, see everyone in Februrary. Jon

I was afraid of this,

I'm sorry, my subject is a movie quote from "Dumb and Dumber", Lloyd wants to move to Aspen, Harry say's "Aspen, I don't know Harry I heard the frence are......"

Just a joke, no harm meant. It's funny in the movie, because Harry is so stupid he think Aspen is in France, anyways, let it snow

Jon

Originally posted by Bob Jenney

Fly into/out of Aspen. It’s only a few dollars more which is easily offset by the costs of driving from Denver.

Also, you never know what sort of weather you're gonna get on I-70. Could be a complete drag driving from Denver to Aspen.

Actually flying in to Aspen is twice the price (as of today). However I just said eff it and bit the bullet. I'm flying into/out of Aspen - Yeehaw!!! Considering the time/distance/hassle/risk/cost of driving from/to Denver, it's not worth it for 3 days of riding.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Guest Nakacarve

Count in 1 more Canadian!

This will be my first SES, heck ES of any sort! Unfortunately it looks like only 3 days. The only way I could make this work was to stay with friends in Breck.

Is anybody else staying in the Breck area? I need to get up to Breckenridge or at least Frisco from DIA. I am arriving 2/12 at 7:30PM. I can book in with CME but think it would be great to meet some people. If you are in the Breck area, car pools from there to Aspen?

Damn this is going to be fun!

John

Dunno yet Benny, but it'll probably Thredbo where we can ride the WALL "Racecourse" and a Day or 2 At Perisher on the boarder X course.

I'll feel out the various managments through the last part of summer and into Autumn to gauge what sort of acceptance.

This may seem a silly question but what sort of events are planned .

Mozz

Mozz,

I would be super keen for a weekend of carving in Oz.

Hotham has some runs that would be pretty good. Buller is well groomed but gets tracked out and bumpy most afternoons by the day trippers. Haven't been to Falls or Thredbo, but I am happy to do a road trip to where ever will have us.

As for SES, all paid for as of yesterday, so will definately catch up there.

Cheers

Dan

Do my eyes decieve me or do I see it right on the Aspen-Snowmass Web Site .

I have been watching for the last 2 weeks or so and have not seen a lot of sun, with upwards of 41 inches in the last 7 Days on a 73 inch base I'd say things are gunna' be whicked. :)

I havn't seen the Temps so I can only assume it's light and dry .

I gotta bring my Burton Custom by the looks of things, but is it worth repacking and organizing to bring both boards whe we are really there to carve.

It just seems a waste not to have at least 1 Day to partake in some good powder , something we don't often see down under at least not the depth's you experience in the US.

Mozz

I'm getting turned on 29 Days to go not that I'm counting mind :p .

I wonder if I should put some extra money aside in case we all get snowed in :D .