Note to New Members ×

Free snowboard!

DiveBomber

You will quickly find that turning is a lot more fun than going fast

Acceleration is more fun that just going fast. What is acceleration? Change in velocity over time. Velocity is not speed. Speed is a scalar quantity. Velocity is a vector quantity - combination speed and direction. If you are going at a constant speed in a circle, your direction is constantly changing and thus you are constantly accelerating. If you don't like math or physics this may seem counterintuitive to you, but your body gets it right - your gut feels the acceleration all the way around that circle over and over again.

That is why I dig carving so much - and hard boots and an alpine board are the best tool I know of to do this. (And skiing is "too many moving parts" for me)

KC, a competent softie rider has plenty of control. Just not as much power.

Acceleration is more fun that just going fast. What is acceleration? Change in velocity over time. Velocity is not speed. Speed is a scalar quantity. Velocity is a vector quantity - combination speed and direction. If you are going at a constant speed in a circle, you are constantly accelerating. If you don't like math or physics this may seem counterintuitive to you, but your body gets it right - your gut feels the acceleration all the way around that circle over and over again.

That is why I dig carving so much - and hard boots and an alpine board are the best tool I know of to do this. (And skiing is "too many moving parts" for me)

KC, a competent softie rider has plenty of control. Just not as much power.

I love it when you talk like that.:1luvu:

I was thinking the BTS were like the front forks/shocks on a motorcycle.

not just the springs but they have a setting for how much recoil there is after they're loaded up.

I probably have no idea what I'm talking about since I don't have BTS, yet. I've played around with rebound settings and steering dampeners on a dirtbike but I guess it's much different because you're trying to stiffen the steering without losing too much control.

Maybe that's that's the future, gas shocks in your boots.:rolleyes:

edit:

I think he might be a watch guy, and (low voice) I think he's with the Feds

http://www.panerai.com/s_storia.xpd?mode=read_item&id_lingua=2&id_sezione=2&id_item=53&anno=1860

not that there's anything wrong with that, of course