Note to New Members ×

copper - alpine group, green boots?

twelsch42

Was up at CM on Monday and saw a group of alpine riders, almost looked like a teaching/training/instructor situation. Almost everyone was wearing lime green colored hardboots. And quite a few riding kesslers. Seemed like most had pretty steep angles, but nobody I saw was really charging it or laying it out. Anyone know what group this was, or what those green boots they were wearing are?

twelsch

Those are Raichle Flexons at heart. Full Tilt makes their copies too, and they are very true to the originals. Pricey..Not sure why they wouldn't ride real HBs. Steep angles might have been for overhang reasons, if they looked excessive.

Racers have been riding Flexons for over 20 years. They are much stiffer than most standard hardboots and work very well in racing applications. Most people wouldn't want to freecarve in them but some do very well.

Those are Raichle Flexons at heart. Full Tilt makes their copies too, and they are very true to the originals. Pricey..Not sure why they wouldn't ride real HBs. Steep angles might have been for overhang reasons, if they looked excessive.

The Dalbellos are copies, Full Tilt purchased the original molds, did extensive research on the old materials to actually make them so they are Flexons.

When my AF 700s let go I will be going to the Full Tilt version of this boot. Flexons have always been my favorite for many years. I went to the AF's to try Intec step-in and never purchased the heels or receivers. My AF's are more than twice the weight of the Flexons.

Ink

The Dalbellos are copies, Full Tilt purchased the original molds, did extensive research on the old materials to actually make them so they are Flexons.

When my AF 700s let go I will be going to the Full Tilt version of this boot. Flexons have always been my favorite for many years. I went to the AF's to try Intec step-in and never purchased the heels or receivers. My AF's are more than twice the weight of the Flexons.

Ink

That's pretty convincing that the boots are good to dumb BTS and intec compatibility.

• 2 weeks later...