Note to New Members ×

Show your oldies!

BlueB

My "board wall" project turned into full "board office"...

Pic 1:

A 200 RR Swt - Mint. I'm still going to ride her when conditions are right.

Hooger Booger Grinder 168 - NOS. Clone of my 1st alpine board.

Rossi A 173, pre insert era

Crazy Banana 155 - NOS

Look 140. This thing has full metal layer on top! One of the most functional shapes ever.

Limited All-Around 163. Not really old enough to be here, but my 1st own board. It's just keeping the spot for a NOS Hooger Booger Booster 170 (on it's way).

Pic 2:

Mistral Extasy 159 goofy - NOS

Burton PJ 163 regular - In a single run that somone did, it ran over a rock...

Buton Asym-Air 153 woody regular

Oxygen KR 159 regular - NOS

Pic 3:

Xeena X11 159 - NOS. Not that old, but deserves the spot for being so unusual. Originally came with stick-on bikini. It'a a schtubbesse - 14m scr on a 159/20 board...

Freesurf Highlander woody deserves to be here, but I ran out of space and want to give her a go...

post-1678-141842264869_thumb.jpg

post-1678-141842264873_thumb.jpg

post-1678-141842264879_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't help myself.

I know the feeling.

Anyway I was looking through some old pics and found this.

Circa 1990.

kemper.jpg

And this, 1993. Love the nordica storm trooper skiboots and Burton pre-insert plate bindings. Damn I was cool. It looks like Colorado, but it's Blackcomb halfway between the top of Jersey cream and the rendezvous lodge looking north. I still have those goggles too.

blackcomb93.jpg

My "board wall" project turned into full "board office"...

Pic 1:

A 200 RR Swt - Mint. I'm still going to ride her when conditions are right.

Hooger Booger Grinder 168 - NOS. Clone of my 1st alpine board.

Rossi A 173, pre insert era

Crazy Banana 155 - NOS

Look 140. This thing has full metal layer on top! One of the most functional shapes ever.

Limited All-Around 163. Not really old enough to be here, but my 1st own board. It's just keeping the spot for a NOS Hooger Booger Booster 170 (on it's way).

Pic 2:

Mistral Extasy 159 goofy - NOS

Burton PJ 163 regular - In a single run that somone did, it ran over a rock...

Buton Asym-Air 153 woody regular

Oxygen KR 159 regular - NOS

Pic 3:

Xeena X11 159 - NOS. Not that old, but deserves the spot for being so unusual. Originally came with stick-on bikini. It'a a schtubbesse - 14m scr on a 159/20 board...

Freesurf Highlander woody deserves to be here, but I ran out of space and want to give her a go...

Um can I borrow the Xeena?? Seriously, Id love to see how long I last with that one

• 1 month later...

Burton Performer Elite 150. Top pic is backhilling around my parents cabin, probably winter of 1987. Bottom pic is from the snowboard contest at Brianhead, Utah, in March of 1988. That was the first day they ever allowed snowboards... like a special trial thing. And check it, I'm carving that convex based beotch.

3259861616_4f6b57d42e_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The guitar is a Korean fender telecaster.

Boris is right, from right to left, ultra prime 62, hooger booger "next1" 167, burton alp 171, burton stat7.

The "next1" was the first dedicated carving board that I owned. I used to think it was pretty stiff when I had it. As time went by, I came to realize it was only a little stiffer than a spaghetti noodle after boiling.

I have never seen another stat7. It does not appear in the burton catalog of that year. The biggest in the catalog was the stat6. The stat7 was a lot like the schtubbies that coiler is building. A lot of effective edge for it's length with a bigger sidecut radius than is normal. It had a sidecut of around 13.5 meter on a 170. The nose was very soft. I used it as a powder board. The soft nose combined with the gentle sidecut was great in soft stuff.

later,

Dave R.

I have never seen another stat7. It does not appear in the burton catalog of that year. The biggest in the catalog was the stat6.

Dave R.

Dave, I believe they were only issued to Burton "Team" riders.

I have seen a few. Quite rare though.

I like the simple graphics.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you guys don't mind another softbooter on the site.

I'll have to take a few digitial pics of the quiver. As you can imagine, most of my shots are on film.

No, I didn't attend Legends. Sounds like it would have been fun. The closest I've been to Donner was Boreal Ridge, and that was waaaayyy back when you first had to get 'certified' by an instructor who would rate your riding skills. The rating you received determined which lifts you could access. Ah, the good ol' days...

Here's another pic. Kemper Bullet 180. Virtually no sidecut, have to just get it up to about 30mph and throw all your weight into it to get it to turn. Fortunately(?), being 6'3" & 225 or so helps a bit. The board's almost 20yrs old and still has more to give...Gotta love it! :biggthump

post-8139-141842278648_thumb.jpg