Note to New Members ×

Catek Customer Service; Part Deux

rhaskins

Just received my FR2 bindings. They looke great! Jeff thru in a comp set of Binding spacers. Better than Great, SCHWEET!!!!!!

OTOH, UPS delivered the boxes to the wrong house. I saw they were delivered from the UPS tracking, and ran home from work to get them, and could not find them. I called UPS customer service and they told me to FREAKING FILE A CLAIM WITH THE SHIPPING COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!! I told them the guy just misdeliverd and to call Tom or whatever his name was to trace his route and get them. They said that they could not do that. So, with them on the phone and me arguing with customer service, I jump in my car and head out searching, and spy them immediately on my neighbors doorstep, my house number ends in 40, theirs ends in 24. I grab them and my order from McMaster-Carr (my address plainly stated on all 3 (FREAKING THREE!!!) boxes. UPS said sorry about that.

Gotta run back to work. I luv Catek.

Rick

Despite the communication issues, I am very, very happy with Catek. When I originally ordered my cateks I spoke with Jefff Caron on the phone for awhile and he stepped me through the whole binding and what I can expect from it. They covered me for binding parts when I was fully expecting to pay for the parts too - I sent them an email like "I want to buy a power plate and a disc, when will you be able to sell them to me" and they offered to replace the parts for free, when I had fully expected to pay for them up front. That's pretty unheard of these days. Both of the Catek people I have spoken to are great people all around too, I would add.

Catek rocks. Three pairs in my quiver. Jeff has always been super helpful and responsive. Last year, when I blew up a power plate on an OS2 when I blew up my Virus Cyborg, Jeff and I talked - after we chatted about the explosion and he explained to me some of the work they have done to try to protect from such incidents he promptly send me new gear free of charge. It arrived in a week. Hats off.

Nothing but Catek love here. Got some FR2s last year after deciding not to ride HBs for the season. Awesomeness - my '05 burton cartels just can't compare.

Used them on both an ATV and a Tanker. Best soft boot binding i've been on - for carving at least. Gotta try rigging that third strap this season.

Dunno about customer service (never had a problem i needed to call in about), but just thought I'd share some Catek product lovin'

Simple solution, become good friends with your UPS, FED-EX and USPS delivery guy. I have their cell #s and usualy a direct line to the "hub" they are based out of.

A fat "remember who I am" holiday card with a twenty spot in it is quite the memory maker :)

then again, They are at my door quite often, so I'm not so sure if that would work for you..... lol.

Odds are you had a replacement/ temp driver that day. My route was always pissed after I got off vacation.

Here at my office I had a temp driver scratch off the right address and readdress it with my old address and then finding that undeliverable sent it 20 miles away to my dad's office the next day. I got my stuff a week late.

bear in mind this is a really small town and there is a huge sign on the highway with my building name and address. temps are stupid:smashfrea:smashfrea

My regular driver has never screwed up. you should definitely get the local number of your Ups station. same goes for fedex. The blonde in buloxi or wherever customer service is doesn't give two ****s about you and your problem. the local office wants your business. the number is unlisted so you will have to ask your driver for it or drive down and figure it out.

phone when I found my packages, and it stopped them in mid-sentence. I got an apology and etc. About 15 minutes later the local UPS supervisor called, and IDed the driver as one of her best.

So, yah, even the best make mistakes. I even made one last year. I thought I was wrong about something, and boy was I embarrassed when I foung out I was right all along. Go figure.:D

Rick