Note to New Members ×

Ace 175

mr3arnest

I'm still thinking about selling or trading some of my older boards. Probably the most interesting is my Sims ACE 175. I'm not really committed to getting rid of it. I was pretty new to riding when i got it and never really took it out to see what it could do once I got better.

But here it is being run up the flagpole...

post-7210-141842263752_thumb.jpg

post-7210-141842263753_thumb.jpg

post-7210-141842263753_thumb.jpg

I am not sure if those would work, Jack. I can't see how you could adjust them to your personal preference of degree unless there is another part to them? A base plate of some sort?

The Ace has essentially a 4 hole pattern spaced far apart. The board has 8 holes which provide limited forward and aft adjustments. There may be a method of finer adjustment on the bindings themselves but I haven't dug them out yet.

I've attached photos of the front hole pattern with pieces of paper and yellow dots to indicate their locations. You will notice that there is an extra hole forward of the pattern? That hole was designed for one to attach their leash...

I've also uploaded some information from the edge of the board. The Serial number and the statement "Made In Italy".

post-7210-141842263776_thumb.jpg

post-7210-141842263779_thumb.jpg

post-7210-141842263782_thumb.jpg

That is awesome! I think it is a little older than mine. Interestingly, it says it is designed for all the things that I was thinking I should get another board for.

Depending on conditions I like to lay down first tracks on one of my boards of choice, a 165 UltraPrime or a 195 Burner. Many times I will start out on the Burner and move to the UltraPrime when it starts to get a little more crowded.

By lunchtime, neither board seems to work as the cord is ski school covered crud and the trees are calling. Not to mention the damage I could do if I were to take out one of those six year old ski school pylons at full speed on the burner.

Don't tell anyone but I was even thinking of switching to skis after lunch when I typically meet up with the wife and kids. Maybe the answer has been sitting in my basement all along! I am still open to any deal that will get me another burner or some TD stepins but am becoming more and more interested in this board. How stupid is that? Kind of like when you just couldn't wait to break-up with your girlfriend and then when you did couldn't stand seeing how much fun the next guy was having with her.

Another question is... has anyone used TD-step ins on the back and "natural" step ins on the front?

This would allow me to share with friends that don't have step-intech heels AND have TD-step in capabilities on two boards when I don't have any friends.

Which is most of the time. :(