Dear Buck Hill Diary III

bobble

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buck was really nice tonight. Hero snow. Very packed and very carvable. I made a few runs and had to check out the jumps. The light wasn't great yet, but I thought Id' give it a go. I was holding back just a bit. I barely cleared the first two gaps. I turned on a little speed for the last and biggest gap. It wasn't enough. I landed pretty hard on the knoll. When I say pretty hard, I mean hard enough to pop out of both bindings. It was crazy. My board just came out from under me. It didn't hurt or anything, but it kind of gave me the willies. I left the gaps alone for the rest of the night.

Karl let me demo a Kessler, thank you Karl. It is an experience. It really plows through every little bump and stays right on track. The other really noticable thing was the noise, or lack of noise. My Coiler seemed loud after riding the Kessler. I thought I was just hearing things, but Karl confirmed this. They are quieter. A stange but nice feature. I don't think the hero snow was the best for a Kessler to really shine, but I'm glad I had a chance to check out the hype.

<!-- message --> <table><tbody><tr><th width="150">

</th></tr><tr><td>Date</td><td>2/25/09 </td></tr><tr><td>Temp </td><td>40F</td></tr><tr><td>Visibility</td><td>partly cloudy</td></tr><tr><td>Conditions </td><td>Grooomed soft snow

</td></tr><tr><td>Hardbooters </td><td>1 (me)</td></tr><tr><td>

</td><td>

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Morning

Showed up at 10:00 for the early bird. It was already 37 degrees. The snow was soft but held together well. It was pretty quiet, not many out. As the morning went on the snow got really soft, it would not hold, then around 11:30 it started getting slow. It worked ok for slalom type turns, short with a stationary torso. After a while I could not even pump the carves to keep my speed up.

The plus side is they have ALOT of snow.

I left at 12:30

It is amazing how tired you get when there is no one to talk too, other than the innocent bystanders.

Welch was a mix of super soft snow and bulletproof cord. Dan's, Harley's, Dud's, and the back bowl were all very soft from the get go. Bakke and Lookout were crazy hard, even at 2 when we left.

I popped out of my rear binding again on one of the jumps. I tightened them way down after that. I think my boots are flexing alot more with the warm temps. Popping out of one binding is far scarier than popping out of both. It all worked out though.

I popped out of my rear binding again on one of the jumps. I tightened them way down after that. I think my boots are flexing alot more with the warm temps. Popping out of one binding is far scarier than popping out of both. It all worked out though.

That's Raichle boots for you

BobD