Note to New Members ×

why Hard Boots are doomed

softbootsurfer

Hard Boot carving will continue to dwindle in numbers because...

The Ruts are destroying the slopes for all the others that utilize them

which of course the majority are skiers...

This was demonstrated in spades last year at SES

On Aspen Mt. and then one day at Buttermilk by 12 o'clock you could no longer

even go down certain runs because of the trenches...some 6 to 8 inches deep

The reality is it is flat out dangerous to go into these areas on skis and since

skiers outnumber carvers 40 to 1 it is only a matter of time before we are all

banned....

usually there are so few at Buttermilk it is nothing to worry about...but

large groups create a negative attitude here among the skiers...

They complain and bitch that "they have no right to wreck the snow for others"

you think this is a joke...it is not

Flamebait.

and an unsubstantiated argument at that.:sleep:

Don't know how to attach a link from this forum because I am a dumba$$, but check out the Belch Village thread in the MN ride board. PLEASE do not email, call, etc. Belch/Welch regarding this as it is a fun place for us to ride.

really don't know what your purpose is in being here, but this doesn't add to the quality of the forums at all.

your existance here is doomed...

completely worthless thread.

yeah, we get that you're soft. ok, message sent. done, move on, we get the point. yeah, you'll never try hardboots, ok, great. any other useless info you wish to share with us?

If you've come here as a missionary on a conversion mission, you're wasting your time... WE ARE the CONVERTS - most of us have had our fair share of softy setups. whereas you have never even tried hardboots.

damn, i feel like such an idiot sinking to your level and actually posting a response to this...

And as far as wrecking the snow, I blame it on all the softboot riders that spread the butter all over the place and expose the ice, leaving all the snow on in mounds and off to the side of the runs...

really don't know what your purpose is in being here, but this doesn't add to the quality of the forums at all.

your existance here is doomed...

completely worthless thread.

yeah, we get that you're soft. ok, message sent. done, move on, we get the point. yeah, you'll never try hardboots, ok, great. any other useless info you wish to share with us?

If you've come here as a missionary on a conversion mission, you're wasting your time... WE ARE the CONVERTS - most of us have had our fair share of softy setups. whereas you have never even tried hardboots.

damn, i feel like such an idiot sinking to your level and actually posting a response to this...

And as far as wrecking the snow, I blame it on all the softboot riders that spread the butter all over the place and expose the ice, leaving all the snow on in mounds and off to the side of the runs...

Take a deep breath, relax, the thin part of the thong is supposed to be in the back. This is a real situation for us in MN. Don't blame snow conditions on those riding soft set-ups. Many factors influence this. I ride softies quite a bit. Coaching, riding with my kids and I actually prefer them in pow. Does this mean according to you that I am not a TRUE hardbooter? Hopefully someday I will see the light. Go have a beer.

Then don't hit that run.. being on edge you don't feel a thing!!

I have been down rutted runs but if your carving..you don't feel a thing

Dunno... just know metal helps...

as far as not bieng poppy...your just not riding hard enough to push the capabilties of the board.. its poppy when you need it to be

guys only my two cents.

right said shred..

I don't understand the fascination of going on an enthusiasts' board and being a troll. It sounded from your previous posts that you have your head screwed on mostly right, then this.

But, you do have a minor point. At my small local ski hill I've got a few complaints from people that 'tripped' over my ruts, there just aren't that many runs to choose from so they have a hard time avoiding them. The local ski patrol stopped short of laughing at them because most of them are also carvers - but on skiis. There still is a vocal minority that is going to complain about everything out of the ordinary.

If anything should be banned, it's morons (on any equipment) straight lining the runs and running into the back of others.