Note to New Members ×

Do any of you know Joe the Plumber -???? POLITICAL

C5 Golfer

Well

How about McCains role in the Keating 5 incident?

Sen. Mccain was cleared of wrongdoing by the senate ethics committee. I assume they had access to more facts than you or me, so I'll believe them.

How about Phil Grahams role in the 1999 appropriations bill that brought about deregulation and Enron and the mess we are in now?[/Quote]

please explain how this connects to our current discussion of Obama/McCain? I don't know too much about that one but I'll be happy to learn about it.

How about Palins mayoral terms of increased debt and a sports center

on land the city built on without even clear title?

That is an interesting story. Palin's City Finance chief stated "At the time, with the information she had, [Ms. Palin] made the right decision," (wall street journal, 9/6/08) That is the standard to which most reasonable people hold political leaders, isn't it?

God, I can't wait for the election to be over so we can hate people for being Jibbers again...:flamethro

I'll second that. Damn skidding, no carve, baggy pants, Burton riding (isn't that a slur here now), park rat, no talent, wanna be Shawn Whites.

Hows that to tide us over to after the election.

:eplus2: :eplus2:

regarding Gramm (not to be a spelling Nazi, but he's not related to Billy)

"The "Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000" (H.R. 5660) was introduced in the House on Dec. 14, 2000 by Rep. Thomas W. Ewing (R-IL) and cosponsored by Rep. Thomas J. Bliley, Jr. (R-VA) Rep. Larry Combest (R-TX) Rep. John J. LaFalce (D-NY) Rep. Jim Leach (R-IA) and never debated in the House.[2]

The companion bill (S.3283) was introduced in the Senate on Dec. 15th, 2000 (The last day before Christmas holiday) by Sen. Richard Lugar (R-IN) and cosponsored by Sen. Peter Fitzgerald (R-IL) Sen. Phil Gramm (R-TX) Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) Sen. Thomas Harkin (D-IA) Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD) and never debated in the Senate." - From Wikipedia (not the greatest source in the world, but I'm just starting this search)

It was signed into law byPresident Clinton.

So how do you connect Sen. McCain with this when 1) Sen. Gramm no longer works on his campaign, 2) Sen. Gramm was one of eleven sponsors of the bill, and 3) A Democratic President signed it into law?

what happened to bob's youtube vid, I'm joe the farkin plumma ??!!

that was classic ! can't find it on youtube

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBQ9psJIg8w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBQ9psJIg8w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

regarding Gramm (not to be a spelling Nazi, but he's not related to Billy)

"The "Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000" (H.R. 5660) was introduced in the House on Dec. 14, 2000 by Rep. Thomas W. Ewing (R-IL) ...........

So how do you connect Sen. McCain with this when 1) Sen. Gramm no longer works on his campaign, 2) Sen. Gramm was one of eleven sponsors of the bill, and 3) A Democratic President signed it into law

Lee Harvey was involved.........:eek:

Little Mary Pat had a box of very small kittens that she was trying to give away, so she had them out on the street corner with a sign "FREE KITTENS" next to them.

Suddenly a big line of big black cars came up with a policeman on a motorcycle in front.

The cars all stopped and a tall man stepped out from the biggest car. It's Senator Obama.

"Hi, little girl, what do you have

there in the box?" he asked.

"Kittens" Little Mary Pat says. "They're so small, their eyes are not even open yet."

"What kind of kittens are they?" he asked.

"Democrats" says Little Mary Pat.

The tall man smiled, returned to his car and they drove away. Sensing a good photo opportunity, Sen. Obama called his campaign manager and told him about the little girl and the kittens.

It was planned that they would return the next day, have all the media there and tell everyone about these great kittens.

The next day, Little Mary Pat is standing out on the corner with her box of kittens with the "FREE KITTENS" sign and the big motorcade of black cars pulled up with all the vans and trucks from ABC, NBC, CBS, BET and CNN but no FOX for some reason.

Everyone had their cameras ready and then,

Sen. Obama got out of his limo and walked up

to Little Mary Pat.

"Now, don't be frightened," he said, "I just want you to tell all these nice news people just what kind of kittens you're giving away today."

"Yes sir," Mary Pat said,

"They are all REPUBLICAN kittens."

Taken by surprise, Sen. Obama said, "But yesterday, you told me that they were DEMOCRATS."

Little Mary Pat says, "Yes, I know.

But today, they have their eyes open."

looking at the context and timing of that quote, Mr. Gramm was technically correct. He said we were in a "mental recession" and had become a "nation of whiners" - complaining about losing jobs and economic downturns when by all measures, the economy was still growing at a rate of over 1% per year. While Mr. Gramm may not be the most tactful person, his comments were not innacurate. We still have not had negative GDP growth (next numbers will be reported 10/30) and the definition of recession is "Two consecutive quarters of quarter-on-quarter Gross Domestic Product contraction. In a full recession, an economy has two consecutive quarters of negative growth on a year-on-year basis." (Bloomberg)

edit: I already addressed the other two. Please state source for Sen. McCain's quote.

I do not Love Sen. McCain or Gov. Palin. I just think one team will do a better job than the other. Does that make me stupid, racist, evil, or foolish?

Maybe I'll just write in Mike Bloomberg.

In the case of Palin, yes. Or at least not rational.

tex, she has links to group that is funded by Iran, that should scare the pants off of you flag wavers.

I personally think it should just disqualify her from a security clearance, if it were Obama the republicans would be trying to have the guy sent to gitmo.

The Bill Ayers link is insignifigant compared to Iran.

She's a religious nut job and a dangerous type of one at that.

why do we not have anyone bashing Nader, La Riva , Puryear, Harris, Barr et al -- they are running too. There has to be some new material there with those.. it would be very refreshing.

because none of them are going to be elected.

I do have to say though that Barr is a neocon implant, he's as much a libertarian as hillary clinton. Ron Paul and a few others represent the far right much better.

Little Mary Pat says, "Yes, I know.

But today, they have their eyes open."

yeah, more neocon fables, this is one of the many ways republican make themselves look bad to those with who are above a third grade level in reading comprehension and vocab.

So, those of you voting red, why do support big government and a bigger national debt?

Both claim tax cuts here and there but neither are possible without massive military cuts. Big mac says he will not do this. Actually even with military cuts a tax hike would still be required to get the country back on track.

Also, who can name the last republican that did not have a bigger debt when he left office than when he entered office.

(hint: he also made a speech about the danger of the military/industrial complex)

In the case of Palin, yes. Or at least not rational.

tex, she has links to group that is funded by Iran, that should scare the pants off of you flag wavers.

I personally think it should just disqualify her from a security clearance, if it were Obama the republicans would be trying to have the guy sent to gitmo.

The Bill Ayers link is insignifigant compared to Iran.

She's a religious nut job and a dangerous type of one at that.

then we have nothing more to discuss. See, all you did was piss off someone who votes and ignore the idea of polite debate. Enjoy your Al Jazeera Videos. If you'd like to move to the gulf to join your comrades, I'll buy the plane ticket. Till then, welcome to my ignore list. It's short, but distinguished.

because none of them are going to be elected.

I do have to say though that Barr is a neocon implant, he's as much a libertarian as hillary clinton. Ron Paul and a few others represent the far right much better.

Bob, Yes that is the spot on reason but I am just saying it would be so refreshing. Like Lilly Von Schtupp says .. "I'm sooooo tired" just substitute various words for political words.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au5f6pMgN2s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au5f6pMgN2s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

then we have nothing more to discuss. See, all you did was piss off someone who votes and ignore the idea of polite debate. Enjoy your Al Jazeera Videos. If you'd like to move to the gulf to join your comrades, I'll buy the plane ticket. Till then, welcome to my ignore list. It's short, but distinguished.

how did that piss you off?

One video was Al jazeera but even if fox news goes out and finds dopers for Obama or something that actually do exist and take clips of them then it stands no matter who they are.

The Iran link is documented by other outlets than Al Jazeera.

Are you honestly insulted that I think someone with a proven connection to a state that we consider hostile or that I question someone's rationality that thinks that's okay or refuses to check it out?

You asked a question and you got a honest and fair answer, fair and balanced answer even.

Seems a bit thin skinned to ask a question and when someone lays out a valid point answering it and you ban them from your personal BOL. Particularly in a political thread.

BTW, was not calling you a racist or evil was seriously questioning your view on Palin. Imagine if Barack had picked Ray nagin and it turned out his wife was a a member of some new age black panther party that gets their money from hesbollah?

That's about what it adds up to if it were the other side......

I did not mean to upset you or anything like that.

and make sure there's a joke in there somewhere. it's ONLY politix:rolleyes:

where's mel brooks when ya need him ?

can't wait to see larry flynt's new production " Nailin' Palin "

so many choices, it's hard to pick just one :lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6eTTaY1a6M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6eTTaY1a6M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-IdjCt1tuc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-IdjCt1tuc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

great clip, jon stewart rules.

I got the Northeastern piece of that in an email the other day. We were gonna see him at NU friday night but opted for jonathan richman instead.

this is fodder for some good comedy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081013/ap_on_el_pr/palin_wasilla_heartthrob

Zinger !

post-123-141842262254_thumb.jpg