Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session 2009

Riceball

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, just when you think it couldn't get more fun...

After trenching all day, a few of us will be heading roller skating around 8pm in the evening at Lloyd's. If you have any legs left, come and join us!

Make sure you are wearing a t-shirt with something hard-boot related on it.

http://www.lloydsrollerrink.com/

The past few years I haven't even been able to get an announcement put on the website let alone any kind of deals :(

However, a few of us have an RCR Season Pass booklet which should have some discounts in them. I plan on arriving early (about 8:30am), so come find me in the main lodge and I'll hook you up with what I've got.

Not sure what I look like? My entire family should be there - here is a pic. We all should be carving that day. From left to right, Brad, Ann, myself and Alaina.

post-1299-141842271541_thumb.jpg

Never been to one of these let alone ridden with another hardbooter. Definitely gonna try and make the trip down there. Bit rusty tho. Haven't touched a board for a couple years.

Simon

Not a big deal. There will be many riders of all abilities attending the session. It would be great if you could make it!

Weather looks good for saturday......snow and a high of -9C....

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/skifx/caab0635

Looks like it's going to be a downhill ice rink. That page says the basedepth is a mere 59cm. Is that accurate ? It seems really thin to me.

I'm switching to 'definite maybe'. I'll wait to see what the conditions are like.

--

Looks like it's going to be a downhill ice rink. That page says the basedepth is a mere 59cm. Is that accurate ? It seems really thin to me.

I'm switching to 'definite maybe'. I'll wait to see what the conditions are like.

--

Was just there on Sunday and it was fantastic up on Gold. Snow depth is fine.

Was just there on Sunday and it was fantastic up on Gold. Snow depth is fine.

But since then, the temps have gone above zero and will go back down before Saturday -- that's the recipe for ice. :)

But I prefer the ice & hardpack to moguls. So as long as the sun is shinning, there are no rock exposures, and there's lots of room to carve, I'll be happy.

--

:biggthumpHey NES freaks, I was just up there today and the snow was very good for carving. At least it was up on Gold. Sorry no word on how it was on Silver as we never left Red Crow because it was so nice.

Wasn't warm enough to melt anything today so I am sure it will be pretty good even if ... when it gets cold.

See you all Sat.!

I was snowboarding last sunday at Nakiska, and I met a couple of the guys and they told me about this weekend. Iam 100% new to the hardbooting, as I have a board and some bindings,and boots all of which are not assembled. If I was able to make it, would anybody have time to maybe tell me if what I have is worth trying to put together? Thanks Whaack.