Note to New Members ×

Nakiska Expression Session 2009

Riceball

I was snowboarding last sunday at Nakiska, and I met a couple of the guys and they told me about this weekend. Iam 100% new to the hardbooting, as I have a board and some bindings,and boots all of which are not assembled. If I was able to make it, would anybody have time to maybe tell me if what I have is worth trying to put together? Thanks Whaack.

Just bring it. There will be enough gear and people to help you set it up. I'll be bringing some spare gear as well, so we'll sort something out.

You won't get to hang out with this many hardbooters all that often - take advantage.

Just got an email, plane tickets were listed as $79 each way to/from Winnipeg on AirCanada! :D Yahoo! But you have to buy tickets 5 days in advance or the price more than doubles. :(

Bummer. See some of you at SES instead!

Too bad you can't make it. I just got a call from Dave (Patroller at Nakiska) and he said he probably had half a dozen more people that would have come if they knew about the event sooner. I promise next year that I'll try and get notification out sooner and additionally outside of this forum.

I also spoke with Walt at Nakiska and tried to get a run closed off for us, but it was too short of notice and would have cost $200. Again, I'll try and get on this sooner for next year!

Allison, Brad, Ann, Darcy, Wonser and I will be heading down to SES, so we'll see you there!

See everyone on Saturday. It's snowing now and with the temp being cooler the snow should be fantastic. Just remember your woolies...;)

Just got an email, plane tickets were listed as $79 each way to/from Winnipeg on AirCanada! :D Yahoo! But you have to buy tickets 5 days in advance or the price more than doubles. :(

I got caught too. I figured it's January and the sales prices would be around for a bit, given the market conditions.

So, I'll be skipping NES this year.

--

Thanks to everyone who came out for NES 2009. Despite the cold (-26C), the snow was in really good shape and there were no crowds. As requested, I have created a new Facebook group called the "Alberta Carving Club" and uploaded more photos there. Please join!

post-1299-141842272401_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

You Know I'm In unless the knees are out!!

Steve count Wonser and I in!

The more days the better!!

Last year was a Freak'n hoot. Didn't even notice the cool weather it was so much fun.

Man with the new high speed chair on gold we should be spent in no time!!

Darcy