Note to New Members ×

SES 09 - Let us know you'll be in Aspen!

Michelle

Questions re: lift passes...

(Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, I didn't see anywhere else?) I know the package price includes lift tickets for "all official Bomber days on the mountain."

My questions are...do we get a 7-day pass good at any of the 4 resorts? Or just a day pass for whatever resort where Bomber will be camped out for the day?

And will lift passes be mailed to us? Or do we get them at the opening meeting? (Sorry...I'm an SES n00b and just wondering!)

Thanks,

Scott

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott, all the Aspen lift tickets are good at any of the 4 resorts, so you can go wherever you want. You can even start at Ajax one morning and then head over to Buttermilk when it gets tracked out/crowded at lunch on the same ticket if you like. Michelle usually hands out the tickets in the morning of the first day, so you have to go to wherever the bomber crew is the first day at least.

I can't remember exactly, but I believe it is usually like a 6 of 10 day pass or something like that, so you can ride on the scheduled "off day" if you like, or skip a day and ride the following Monday, etc.

--

Ken

In SESs past... your pass (1, 3 or 6day ticket) is good at any of the 4 mountains. You could ride all 4 mountains everyday of your ticket if you wanted.

Tickets and event info packages can be picked up at the demo tent whatever day you arrive. Check the online SES schedule to see what mountain the tent and crew will be at on any given day.

That's a very good question Allee. I think Michelle will need to give a few suggestions as to options.

That's awesome, awesome news. Holly must of course ride with the girls and come to the very famous girls night out.

Speaking of which, Miss Michelle and /or Miss Felicia, what's the deal with that this year?

Beth and Derek are in! We just booked flights arriving Tuesday the 10th and staying until Sunday the 15th (I know, it ends on Friday but we couldn't get a flight out of Aspen on the 14th).

Now to find lodging. The Canadian dollar is going to hurt us this time!

See you all there!

I´m coming in on the 30th and leaving the 14th with my new toy the SuperSwede. Looking forward to see you all.I will bring a bunch of boards. So if you in Aspen before session just drop me a line and I meet up with demos. And if you´re thinking about ordering a new punkboard for the session there will be no cost for shipping!

Later

Mats:biggthump

post-506-141842268607_thumb.jpg

The alpine team for the US Deaf Ski and Snowboard Association will be having our official tryouts during SES. Please come make some turns with us. We are looking forward to a great week at Aspen!

Will Garrow

Snowboard Team Coach

Hey I think I remember some really cool pics of you laying it over in Snowboard Life. Great to meet you and make some turns.

/Mats

Mats, That's great news!!! Looking forward seeing you. We will be in Aspen while you're there... Let's go ride :biggthump

Long time bro! Great to see you and your missus again. Mail your cellnumber and I´ll text you.

Carve Low!

Hey all, I'll be heading out from Cleveland for my second SES!! Getting in Friday afternoon.

Are you coming into my backyard for the second year in a row and not getting in touch with me again?!?

Contact me through my email in my profile since yours isn't enabled.

Ink (Derek Runes)

I'm just curious...will there be anyone else at SES (besides Holly and I) who is a *true* intermediate carver (at best)? Or any beginners?

It doesn't bother me at all (good chance to learn!)...but I get the impression SES is nothing but fanatical Uber-Expert carvers who have been doing it for 20 years and all own 25 different boards. :)

Just wondering if we low-level intermediates (who both own just a single, beat-up used board) will have any company?

Scott

PS - You're not allowed to say you're an "intermediate" if you've been carving more than 3 years and get out an average of 50+ times per winter! (In that case, you're an expert!)

I'm just curious...will there be anyone else at SES (besides Holly and I) who is a *true* intermediate carver (at best)? Or any beginners?

This is my third season on plates but I don't have 50 days on them total, nevermind per year. My girlfriend will be trying the insanity that is hardboots for the first time and I'm sure she will enjoy the company of those with similar skill. Or lack there of.

Ken's experience is exactly like mine. I learned tons, and I still learn tons each year I go back.

BUt the best thing about SES is that there are always awesome carvers who are prepared to take a few runs with the newbies and offer advice.

As for fellow beginners, my wife Vanessa will be there. She did a couple of days at last year's session and enjoyed herself. This year she will be up for riding with any fellow beginners, so you will have at least one playmate.