Note to New Members ×

Days In....

mtnken

As a Volounteer ski patroller, I get in about 20 days a year, which isnt much, but I have to work during the week and nights at the Mountain with one run open suck, I would rather be drinking. I would like to be up there more but I have a small child and she takes up all my spare time, but next year, she is going to be up with us.

17 days so far this season. I'll get another couple days this weekend at Mammoth.

During college I was averaging around 20 days/season. After my daughter was born, I was averaging 10 days. After my daughter turned 5, I taught her how to snowboard and kept averaging 10 days, but half those days were spent with my daughter on the beginner/intermediate runs.

Divorce has now allowed me to get back to my college average.

Guest Pre School Rider

This was supposed to be a laid-back season for,as I had left the Snowboard School at Stratton.:cool: Instead,I got,um,129 days in:),about 17 were MY days:D,the rest were coaching days.The good thing was getting the use other nearby mountains,so 4 days were at Magic,13 at Okemo,5 at Bromley,and a few scattered about at Mt.Snow,Haystack,Ascutney,Pico and Stowe. I've averaged well over 120 days a season for the last 17 years.It's no wonder my knees are toast!

Originally posted by Baka Dasai

...and I could have done a lot more except that I tend to avoid weekends cos they're too crowded.

I hear you bro! Hate weekends too.

I only got in 24 days this season. All mid-week.

Last year I did 34 days. I'm going down hill with the numbers. Boo HOO!:(

Most days.

<UL><LI>Mid-October to June: Colorado.</LI>

<LI>July to Mid-September: New Zealand.</LI>

<LI>November to present: Colorado.</LI></UL>

The riding at Breck was sweet this weekend. 8" of fresh, windblown powder hiking above the lifts on Peak 8. The Basin will be going strong through mid-May, at the very least.

Powder 8s at Breckenridge yesterday:

post-576-141842197591_thumb.jpg

The intermountain west college days were in a different life, lost track after 80-90 days, but we secured Mammoth value passes again for 04/05 season, will break even around 8 days. With my wife and three kids we have had no problem going 20 days or so for the past several years. It is getting a bit more complicated with a high schoolers schedule, but we are still determined.

My only regret is lack of surf time. The edge isn't quite there in the water as it is on the snow (yes a punn). Once the snow is gone the extra time will be spent surfing the over-crowded waters in and around Orange County. Untill then I will be trying to get four or five more days before next season.

I think I got between 25-30 days, all weekend warrior days! =) I think my carving really improved this season, especially the wonderful (if limited) time I had on a Madd. And I'm real happy that I only resorted to a So. Cal hill once. Mammoth/June the rest of the time. Woohoo! :D

Oh, and I may be hitting up Mammoth at least once more in May. Anyone else heading up?

Guest AlpentalRider

Around 16 this year, I have a 2 and 4 year old and a wife, which has killed my time on the snow.

Back in my pre-child years I used to go up 30-40 times.

Originally posted by nekdut

Oh, and I may be hitting up Mammoth at least once more in May. Anyone else heading up?

When in May? I hope to make it up once or twice more also. Love to make some turns with fellow carvers. Weekends should be no problem crowd wise--- everyone is doing other things:D. Let me know your carving agenda. Maybe we could get several riders together.