Note to New Members ×

BobD

ya know, I had no idea you could have such a big avatar. But apparently you can, if you link to a picture instead of uploading a file.

But whatever, you can't have a picture of someone flipping the bird, so I changed it. You can change it to something else if you want.

I was trying to do this with a smaller version of the gif below, but received a "File too large" message. Any ideas ?

BobD

I was trying to do this with a smaller version of the gif below, but received a "File too large" message. Any ideas ?

As a link to external image I guess? I tried too, few sizes, just to test. Didn't work out. Same message.

___

How about the signatures? I also tried uploading the smaller version of the pic I've got now, under the pixel and kb permited size and it didn't show up. It shows in the preview, but not in the actual forums. The one I've got now is the link to an external image.

Jack? Anyone?

Boris

Sweet signature. I watched you make about 100 turns thinking about how much I love winter and carving. Thnx

Carvedog, snap out of it, man!!! :eek: Get your mind out of the ruts! :freak3: We've got a river trip to plan! ;) (And for all our sakes, let's hope it decides to be summer soon!)

p.s. yes, very cool signature BobD! :biggthump

By the way. I had my foot sized by an actualy ski shop and I'm not a 27.5, but a 29. Apparently "mondo" is MONDO when it comes to my feet!:lol:

Might be the volume of your feet.

Measured, I'm like 28, but the smallest boot that fits me without breaking all the bones in my feet is a 295.

It will be better to shoot some video with the aim of making gifs. Bobble, who shot the vid for this gif did a great job by keeping the subject central, but it wasn't with a gif in mind. The perfect vid would be shot with a long telephoto, so the perspective keeps the subject the same size throughout the loop. Next season....

BobD

combine a ski/alpineboard gif, so it switches from skis to board at transition. Heelside on the board, so the angulation is similar.

Think it would mind blowing or maybe just weird. Haven't got any video that would work to do that, so it's a project for next season.

6hutft.gif

BobD