Note to New Members ×

Kimo Is Down

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the visit today Kimo and Cherie!! Aside from a little missing hair and flabby legs from not riding, you are looking good my man! Very nice to meet you Cherie... thanks for making the effort to find my somewhat remote location. Very cool to see you both!!

Please keep us updated on your treatments and progress Kimo!

Kimo,

Sorry to be jumping in here so late. However, been watching the post and keeping track of your progress. VERY glad to see all is going well and you are now moving a round. Your attitude during all of this is an example of your strength.

If you are up in the county come on by and pet the dogs and jab with us a bit. Things are slow and we would love to see you.

Fin and the Bomber Crew

Kimo, It's been a while since I've been on the site so it was a pretty big shock to hear about your surgery. Great to hear that your surgery went well and life is slowly returning to some sort of normality. Keep healing, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Are you frick'n kidding me? I just got this message from Kimo...

Hey Stan,

I just got cleared by my surgeon to ride (with a helmet). I intend to be there for the day. Would you please make sure the snow is good.

Cya...

Kimo

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Not sure what you're doing Kimo... but it must me all the right things. Congrats!! and I'll see you for closing day at Abasin on Sunday! :biggthump

Just when I thought the season was over and the hibernation begins- I read this!

This is more exciting than a new Kessler on the classifieds.

Kimo (chemo?) Ride strong and ride well, you have no idea how many lurkers are pulling for you!

I try to keep my signal-to-noise ratio in check here but I just can't contain myself this time.

Way to go :biggthump

This is not a test. I really will be there Sunday unless something stupid happens, like my car wheel falling off.

As a side note, I do have 2 pictures of my brain, or what's left of it, that I could post to this thread for any people who didn't believe I had one to begin with. I was just worried that some people wouldn't want to see it. If you do, say so.

cya on the hill.

Kimo, RIGHT ON! I rest assured that Stan can show you a good time. Just don't pick up the DT custom from Dustin. Stan seems to disappear when that monster board shows up. He was ducking it at SES 08.

We all know it's harder than you let on, but getting another piece of your life back has to feel really good.

Smoke the hill for us Bro.

Scott

Funny story, I just ran into Dustin in Boulder today while I was out doing errands. He said he and Mario were too good to show up at the Basin for the last day. Apparently, they're going mountain biking instead. WTF? I thought these guys were die hard carvers. Somebody needs to :smashfrea into these guys. :D

By popular request...

post-2628-141842258358_thumb.jpg

I have two pics of that general shot, but they pretty much look same. I also asked if they would save a piece of what they took out for my so I could keep in a jar of Scotch just so I could say to people, "This is my brain on Scotch!" They said no to that request so I just have the pictures.

Hi Kimo ....

Well I got to meet your insides ..

before I got to meet your outsides ...

I'm finally up in Hood River for the month of June ..

and trying to improve my Basic Snow Boarding Skills and of course my Carving.... I'll be at Timberline MOST days this month, then hopefully permanently back in Hood River from September onwards. Feel free to come and visit (belated Honeymoon?) anytime after that and stay a night or three or more. (but don't feel too special... as that invite will be open to other carvers as well, once I get back to HR).

Looking forward to meeting you in person and to get to ride with you next season. Hope all is back to normal with your brain soon.

Gavin