Note to New Members ×

Suggestions For A Board To Chill Out On . . .

Snowriter

Okay, here's the deal. My main ax at the moment is a Burton T6, which I really love. It's a great ripper board.

BUT ... Before I picked up the T6, I spent most of my time on an old school Burton Twin (the Ouija Board to be exact - got a decade out of that thing!).

While, I love the T6, there are times where I don't want to be that aggressive, or I want to hit some areas with questionable cover and not have to worry about screwing up the base.

So basically, I'm looking for a second board that I can mess around on. I'm mostly a freerider. Don't spend any time in the pipe, and can barely ride fakie (though I want to improve my fakie riding).

Most people are recommending the Burton Custom or Custom X, but I've never been a fan of the Custom. It's always felt too clunky for my taste.

Any suggestions?

O-Sin 3800, nice do everything board and they're cheap if you can still find one. I think I spent more time on these than any other board this year.

Arbor Crossbow, not as stiff as a 3800, but it's another good all mountain board. the A-Frame is also nice but it's as stiff as a T6.

The 172 Tanker is also a great board but I haven't spent that much time on one.

They 3800 is my go to board for softies too. It has a fairly large radius like 8.8M for the 163 and 9.4M for the 169. Have no problem in the trees, bumps, tight spots, etc. It is a great resort pow board too. I used to ride Arbor A-frames but like the 3800 better as an all around board.