Note to New Members ×

Bikes 'n' Brew 2008: August 9, 2008

Dan

I'm happy to announce that we've selected the date for the third annual Bikes 'n' Brew ride: August 9, 2008. This is a century ride from Portland, OR to Hood River, climbing over Mt. Hood and stopping at 4 breweries (and a donut shop) along the way. More info here: http://bikesnbrew.com/

Would be great to see some BOLers out there this year!

• 2 weeks later...

Alan Sprints over at Hair of the Dog has offered to let us start the ride from his brewery again this year! Incredibly nice of him: he's going to come to work at 7 a.m. on a Saturday to serve drinks to a bunch of smelly cyclists.

Snowsurfer, we had a blast last year, you should definitely check it out. It's a tough climb up Mt. Hood, but the second half down to Parkdale and Hood River is pure high-speed fun.

I know there's other folks around who bike - Art, how about you? Steve P? It sounds like there will be one or two other competitive cyclists this year, so there might actually be someone who can ride with you.

Might be interested - I'm not the fastest distance rider out there... that cool?

Of course! Hell, I'm not the fastest snowboarder out there, but it's never kept me from showing up for an expression session. :) :)

There's a pretty big range of riders, from "this ride is too short" to "I started training last week", so you're not likely to be alone out there, and you'll probably be ahead of me and my fiancee. We also have natural regrouping spots because the breweries/donuts fall every 25 miles or so, and we'll usually stop at other convenient regrouping points (the top of the pass, the turn off to Parkdale, etc.) as well.

I remember you mentioned doing training rides up Bachelor at OES, so you should feel right at home for B 'n' B.