Note to New Members ×

Loveland, Sunday the 13th?

tpalka

I am hoping that Sunday will be my first day back! But... Shelly is sick, she should be over it by then, but it now appears that I am catching whatever bug she had. :angryfire

I probably won't be able to make a decision until the last minute, depends on how I feel. Sorry:(

Mario is planning on being there. He can get you a discounted ticket using his season pass.

Great! In that case, we'll definitely plan on coming :) Looks like lift tickets are $40 now, so still a good deal. Looking forward to seeing you all again!

D.T. -- hope you make it, but either way let's plan on paddling somewhere on the Ark this summer.

tom.

I don't fly back to the east coast until 7pm Sunday night, so I might come to Lovey for the morning on Sunday. I'll look for you guys if I do!

If you are in the lodge before opening we will be left of the bar upstairs. Also I have a couple 2 for 1 coupons that you and Tom could use to cut costs even more.

Anyone else coming out for the fun? Should be good after they roll the snow this evening.

Tom, can't wait to ride with you again!

Ink

Sounds great -- looks like the weather will be nice tomorrow, I'm looking forward to closing the season (at least the on-piste one) with you :) If anyone is motivated to hike a peek and board down it in May or early June, we should still have the snow for it...

Ink -- we'll try to get there early enough to find you in the lodge, but if not, we'll just follow Mario's instructions and look for you on the hill,

tom.

Make your way up speer and across 38th to 3161 west denver place before 5:55 and i'll give you a ride up!

mario

That might actually work. My friends have a 6 AM flight back home, and I have to drop them off at the airport. I'll give you a call in the morning and let you know if I'll make it or not.

Anyone know if the season ticket office is going to be open Sunday morning? The loveland site says you can ride free the rest of the year if you buy your pass now, so I think I'm going to do it.

full on winter

any exposed skin on 9 would be frostbitten

powder, windblown powder, windblown snow

in other words, another classic loveland april powder day

full lot = compacted snow

when i left around 12:30 it was snowing lightly, very cold

could be some nice carving sunday

see you there

pc

Thanks for the update pete, checked the liveweather earlier and it didnt look like it was going to get out of the mid teens. I guess I will leave the f2 home, gotta love that lovey weather, see you in the am.

mario

Hey Lovey Crew - I had an awesome time yesterday; thanks for showing me around! I'm a useless, exhausted, POS at work today (flight got in around 1:45 EST) but still smiling as I look at the pics! Hopefully I'll see you all back there next year :biggthump

"You should have been here yesterday". There. I've always wanted to the the one to say that.

Friday actually. 14" in the previous 24 & 18" in the previous 48 hours. No carving but some great windpack powder on Lift #8. Rode from 9 AM to about 1:30 PM & then we were shot. Great snow - especially considering it was April 11th.

The parking lot was near full. We were still finding small fresh stashes until about noon.

Another guy here at work went on Sunday. He said the snow was pretty good then too.

Hey Lovey Crew - I had an awesome time yesterday; thanks for showing me around! I'm a useless, exhausted, POS at work today (flight got in around 1:45 EST) but still smiling as I look at the pics! Hopefully I'll see you all back there next year :biggthump

Glad you made it out to join us. You got one of the nicest weather days at Lovey, good powder, blue skies, warmer temps and very little wind.

AC thanks for bringing the wrong board again, I love powder. How did you like the Axxess?

Tom, great to ride with you again, it was fun as always. Nice to meet John also.

As for the rest of you Lovey riders, it was great to ride with everyone again!

Ink

Ink et all -- it was great to see you again -- thanks for introducing us to the rest of the mountain. I really liked Loveland after the Jan session, but after yesterday I like it even more :) The groomed "easiest way down" from Lift 9 looked like the Zinal piste from below -- so John and I found our way up there, rode the bowl, and finished out on that run -- so much fun!

I hung the board up for the season, but look forward to riding with you next year -- and if you're in our neighborhood, let's bike or paddle,

tom.

AC thanks for bringing the wrong board again, I love powder. How did you like the Axxess?

The Axxess was great. I'm kind of surprised how much I liked it, really. I think my perfect board at this point might be about halfway between the WCR and Axxess, which sounds like it might be a Coiler AM metal. hmmmm....

I've finally learned my lesson about bringing two boards. However, for those really wanting a good powder day, I could be persuaded to bring only a race board to the slopes. My fee for this service will be a 6 pack of good imported or microbrew beer.