Note to New Members ×

Boot fitter with Oven in Boston area?

dano

http://www.bootfitters.com/FIND_SHOP.htm

I believe in Westwood, there is a shop called The Ski Stop that has an oven. But from Beverly, you may want to consider a few in NH too. In Concord just off of exit 12, which is route 3A north, there is a place calle Profile Orthotics Ctr @ S&W Sports that has an oven. I also hear really goods things about the shop in Newbury, NH up near Mt. Sunapee.

Stan & Dan's in North Conway, NH is also a good shop, but just a bit outside of Boston.

Hopefully, something here will help!

Jeff

Yup! Bob Skinner's is the place! I haven't had any work done there...yet! But I've heard the know what they are doing! I'm planning on getting new boots sometime soon, so I will be in need of molding some liners too!

Hey queequeg, if I'm not mistaken, I was talking to you at the ECES about the Eliminator Tongues that you have in your boots on Tuesday night that was sponsored by tex1230 aka Matt? If it was you, I ordered a pair up for myself! Do I put these on both boots or just the troublesome boot? I.E the rear boot, which is my left boot. Inquiring minds want to know!!

Dano, sorry about the thread jack!

Yup! Bob Skinner's is the place! I haven't had any work done there...yet! But I've heard the know what they are doing! I'm planning on getting new boots sometime soon, so I will be in need of molding some liners too!

Hey queequeg, if I'm not mistaken, I was talking to you at the ECES about the Eliminator Tongues that you have in your boots on Tuesday night that was sponsored by tex1230 aka Matt? If it was you, I ordered a pair up for myself! Do I put these on both boots or just the troublesome boot? I.E the rear boot, which is my left boot. Inquiring minds want to know!!

Dano, sorry about the thread jack!

I think that was the night of the banquet no? I wasn't there tuesday night. Booze makes it all hazy ... Here's my take on the eliminators -

I figured I would just go ahead and put them in both boots, which worked fine. Glued them to the tongues, in a firm, but non-permanent way. They did add a lot of volume and soften up the shins. In the end though, I ended up getting rid of them. I was using them with the HPD liner (Deeluxe "Speed" liner) and that liner is just way too thin and not firm enough, I think that is really where my shin-bang source was coming from. I called the startinggate and they suggested I try a pair of Dalbello Ski-Boot liners (their "gold" liner). I could not close my buckles with the dalbellos and the eliminator, so I "eliminated" the eliminators. Now my shins are quite fine (though I'm experiencing some discomfort in my heels - does it ever end???).

Skinners does an excellent job with boots. Frank has a long history of dealing with snowboard boots, he was working on mine 8 years ago.

I believe that the guy at S&W is Jeff Bokum, who has forgotten more about bootfitting that I have ever known. He used to work for Frank at Skinners before they had a falling out...

well, I never knew that much about boot fitting, but definitely understand the basic concepts.

but it was intended as a compliment...

He is a very good bootfitter. He too played with my boots, keeping the snowboard postitions in mind, looking at the cant and lift as It was built into my bindings etc. he has an abnormal understanding of and dedication to feet...

I had mine done at Wachusett last year. I don't know if the same kid is there, but he did a great job. Call ahead to make sure they still do it.

Cooool, I called wawa and they do it for 40 bucks...

Still have a couple wawa vouchers to burn so I'll probably head over tommorow afternoon.