Note to New Members ×

May Carve Camp at Mammoth Mountain

Sean

All,

Hot off the Snowperformance site, here is the info about our spring Snowboard Camp. As the name implies, Mammoth is quite a sizeable place to run the camp, and having our lodging right on the hill is an added bonus. Please check the web site out and contact Gavin if you have any questions. Hope to see some of you there in May.

Cheers,

Sean

Snowperformance.com

Mammoth Mountain Alpine

Snowboard Camp

May 16th 17th 18th 2008

If you have never visited this outstanding mountain this is the time for it. Mammoth is known for its outstanding late season snow base, which means we should have no worries in carving up the whole mountain and having great race lanes available.

We have put a great package together with the mountain.

Dates: May 16th 17th 18th 2008

Camp Includes:

• 3 nights accommodation slope side at the Mammoth Mountain Inn based on dual occupancy
  • 3 meals a day
  • 3 days lift tickets
  • 3 days Coaching in highly personalized groups
  • Private race lane
  • Free ride/all mountain training
  • Gate Training with snowboard gates
  • Daily Digital Video analysis
  • Stance and alignment analysis

Price: $990

(Pass holder rate $800/Coaching only rate $500)

Not Included: Transport to Mammoth (Nearest airport is Reno we should have a number of people flying in here so we can help link you for ride share).

Contact Info: Gavin Kerr Hunter

Phone: 541-386-3639

Cell: 253-569-3713

E mail: gavalski@snowperformance.com

Snowperformance

16810 Crystal Drive E

Crystal Mountain

Washington

Just chiming in here on the Snow Performance Camps. Sean and the gang put on a great event. I recently attended the camp at Sun Peaks in BC this December and not only had a good time but actually improved my riding. Goodness knows there was room for improvement.

Wrote an article on the Camp HERE so won't go into the details. Other then Mark Harris's issues with country music I would recommend this camp.

post-1-141842254398_thumb.jpg

This is an awesome camp for sure. Sean and the other coaches hold a great weekend for carvers of all levels from what I experienced when I went last time.

Unfortunately for me, this is the only weekend in May that I absolutely cannot make it!! :angryfire Next time for sure. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the "Carving Camp" info ...

I was supposed to be in LA on the 16th, 17th & 18th of May ...

But ...will do my best to get out of that .... There was a death in the family and people are flying in from South Africa to take care of "The Estate" ... but I would rather be learning to carve. No promises yet... but will do my best to get out of it, as tough as that might be! (I will not be inheriting any Snow Boards from the Estate, but they are expecting me to be here in Los Angeles)

Thanks for the "Carving Camp" info ...

I was supposed to be in LA on the 16th, 17th & 18th of May ...

But ...will do my best to get out of that .... There was a death in the family and people are flying in from South Africa to take care of "The Estate" ... but I would rather be learning to carve. No promises yet... but will do my best to get out of it, as tough as that might be! (I will not be inheriting any Snow Boards from the Estate, but they are expecting me to be here in Los Angeles)

Gavin, sorry to hear of your loss.

If the timing works out. This is a great opportunity. Sean is super and you would likely not only learn a great deal but meet some of the Alpine Communities finest. I wish you well. Bryan