Note to New Members ×

Problems with my boots

Guest Hellrider

Guest Hellrider

Hey guys,

i am new in the Bomber Community. But if been riding Race and Carving boards since the first time on a snowboard. 10 years ago i started.

But here is my question. Since i can remember i always have a problem with my boots. I´ve had Raichle, Blax and now i have DeeLuxe. I always get a huge blister on my left heel ( i ride goofy ) On the inside ! It is been bugging me since i right snowboard. That is fine the first 5 days, but after the season, it is like a 2 inch peace of skin missing. And every day it is a pain in the ass to step into that boot. Anybody had experience with that, or has the same problem?

I dont know what it is. Angle of the bindings, anybody got any ideas??

I'm goofy also and get the same exact heel blister with different boots and bindings, loose and tight. In the past the only fix for me is ride, ride, ride until a callous forms, but I haven't been able to ride enough to do that for the last few years with my growing family.

I just aquired 4 pairs of NOS Burton physics bindings to go with my NOS Wind boots so I'm going to try riding them with the burton 7* cant/lift plate and see if that helps...

The most cant I used previously with snowpros/td1's was 3* with no lift...

Please post if you find a way to cure this...I have to wear crocs to work for 2 days after a full days riding...blisters hurt worse than freaking stab wounds!

Guest Hellrider

Well guys i tried everything. I cant lift my heel if i am in the boot, but when you right and the boot gets warm you automatically lift. I cant strap it more down. It is a tight as is gets.

I even tried woman stockings. Somebody told me that if you feet sweat the nylon will attach to your skin and you skisocks stop rubbing on the skin cause they rub on the stocking. Did not work for me, but give it a shot guys. If i find something i will let you know ....... thanks for the posts

I'm goofy also and get the same exact heel blister with different boots and bindings, loose and tight. In the past the only fix for me is ride, ride, ride until a callous forms, but I haven't been able to ride enough to do that for the last few years with my growing family.

I just aquired 4 pairs of NOS Burton physics bindings to go with my NOS Wind boots so I'm going to try riding them with the burton 7* cant/lift plate and see if that helps...

The most cant I used previously with snowpros/td1's was 3* with no lift...

Please post if you find a way to cure this...I have to wear crocs to work for 2 days after a full days riding...blisters hurt worse than freaking stab wounds!

Dano, be careful on the physics bindings they explode easily. the first run was REALLY bad in particular. I actually liked how they performed when not broken though.

what socks are you guys wearing? Try a liner sock if you're in a wool ski sock.

To me it sounds like either a poor fitting boot OR you're trying to get your foot/ankle/leg to do something unnatural in the shell. A good fitter can handle the first issue and adjusting your canting or preset forward lean on your boots COULD fix the second.

Guest Hellrider

Trust me the boot does not fit better..... cant go smaller cant go bigger........ if i tighten it down more i kill my foot..... it is getting numb after 15 minutes like really numb..............

WHat angle you guys ride on your bindings, maybe that could be the reason ??

Guest Hellrider
Do you have experience with stab wounds? just curious!

I do have experience with stab wounds......

I am in a special forces team in the german miltary on my way to Afghanistan.

Guest Hellrider
Get some duct tape or something similar and put it right on your skin over the blister. Those big old bandaids work pretty good too cause they have some nice padding, but they're alot more expensive.

Tried that already, the duct tape is good for about 1 hours maybe 2. After that it came loose every time i tried and it made it worse......

but thanks for the post

Guest Hellrider
Be Safe! No more stab wounds just blisters from now on:ices_ange

And hopefully those will go away too!

It is like snowboarding for me............... same injuries. always the knees. I am a sniper i lay or sit all day on my knees !!!

But i will be super in shape for the following winter season in October when i come back. I can rock Whistler mountain big time

It is like snowboarding for me............... same injuries. always the knees. I am a sniper i lay or sit all day on my knees !!!

But i will be super in shape for the following winter season in October when i come back. I can rock Whistler mountain big time

Wow! You gotta show up at the mountain in your Ghillie Suit. I used to be an aircrewman in the USN so the most dangerous enemies I faced were drunken marines and the black clap.

Be careful over there and have NO mercy! I lost a cousin to a suicide bomber in Iraq.

Hey guys,

But here is my question. Since i can remember i always have a problem with my boots. I´ve had Raichle, Blax and now i have DeeLuxe. I always get a huge blister on my left heel ( i ride goofy ) On the inside ! It is been bugging me since i right snowboard. That is fine the first 5 days, but after the season, it is like a 2 inch peace of skin missing. And every day it is a pain in the ass to step into that boot. Anybody had experience with that, or has the same problem?

I dont know what it is. Angle of the bindings, anybody got any ideas??

Zipfit liners

http://www.zipfit.com/

your liners are packed out, the zip's will last a few years, your heel is moving friction blisters

If the zips are to expensive, two ultra thin pair of silk or poly socks will reduce the friction, I rollerskate summers and the heat on me feet is incredible, but two ultra thin pair of socks reduces it to nill

jmho

Dano, be careful on the physics bindings they explode easily. the first run was REALLY bad in particular. I actually liked how they performed when not broken though.

what socks are you guys wearing? Try a liner sock if you're in a wool ski sock.

To me it sounds like either a poor fitting boot OR you're trying to get your foot/ankle/leg to do something unnatural in the shell. A good fitter can handle the first issue and adjusting your canting or preset forward lean on your boots COULD fix the second.

Hey Bob,

The physics I got are (3) '02's and (1) '01 models ( all NOS in the box ) so they are not the cheesy clear ones. I'm using the toe bails for ease of operation, and I figure I have spare parts for life. ( I got them as I tweaked my knee and it was killing me getting into my normal bindings. )

I tried the 7* cant today on my 192 Tanker... I could ride but it felt REALLY wierd..Like a jacked up b!tchin' camaro with air shocks pumped up for like 6 runs. I ended up canning the cant and just riding flat...I'll try again at Wildcat this weekend. I really miss the comfy nordicas sbh's! Wind boots are like bondage by comparison..

Get some duct tape or something similar and put it right on your skin over the blister. Those big old bandaids work pretty good too cause they have some nice padding, but they're alot more expensive.

I'll second that recommendation. I carry a roll of duct tape in my boot bag for things like blisters and keeping boots held together in an emergency. Make sure you roll the tape over your instep; roll it like you are making a brace or support for your ankle. Yes, it's overkill but then the tape doesn't roll up on you and make things worse. At the end of the day, run your foot under warm water and the glue on the tape will soften and you can remove the tape without any attendant pain.

BTW, I'm a 9.5 EEE. I got the little tugboat feets. If they were hairy they'd look like hobbit feets. So, what I need is a wide toebox and a narrow heel cup. What I end up with is a tight fit for my toes and a lot of play in the heel cup. On my old SBH's I had a bootfitter put foam shims on the liners to remove the space in the heels. I'm waiting for my liners in my 413's to pack out a bit more before I take them to a bootfitter.

Mark

Dano, on the tanker I assume you're riding low angles due to width. canting is less of a issue but I'd go with a softer boot for that.

crazy things would happen when I rode my fires on my canyon but I was alright if I busted out the old burton freecarves and mounted my race plates flat.

When it comes to riding really wide boards with plates I think the Extreme Carving guys have it right about riding a softer boot and flat.

My opinion on canting is that the wider the stance at the higher angles the more cant you're gonna need. certainly the case with me.

Lower angles, I need less cant, narrower stance, less cant.

Hellrider, it sounds to me that you've got heel lift going on or another fit issue, your boot can be the proper size and still have a terrible fit, that's the case with me and burton boots. if I do some work on them they are great though

Guest Hellrider
Zipfit liners

http://www.zipfit.com/

your liners are packed out, the zip's will last a few years, your heel is moving friction blisters

If the zips are to expensive, two ultra thin pair of silk or poly socks will reduce the friction, I rollerskate summers and the heat on me feet is incredible, but two ultra thin pair of socks reduces it to nill

jmho

You think they will fit in my snowboard boot?? I mean i can imagine, but there is one thing that is not that perfect. The angle on my snowboardboots is way diffrent. I am leaning more to the front, any experience with that ?

Guest Hellrider
Dano, on the tanker I assume you're riding low angles due to width. canting is less of a issue but I'd go with a softer boot for that.

crazy things would happen when I rode my fires on my canyon but I was alright if I busted out the old burton freecarves and mounted my race plates flat.

When it comes to riding really wide boards with plates I think the Extreme Carving guys have it right about riding a softer boot and flat.

My opinion on canting is that the wider the stance at the higher angles the more cant you're gonna need. certainly the case with me.

Lower angles, I need less cant, narrower stance, less cant.

Hellrider, it sounds to me that you've got heel lift going on or another fit issue, your boot can be the proper size and still have a terrible fit, that's the case with me and burton boots. if I do some work on them they are great though

It probably is heel lift. But as i said, so far they are the best fitting boots out of all i ever had. But still doesn´t work perfect. I was thinking to glew something into the boot. Something the keeps the heel down, but no.

You think they will fit in my snowboard boot?? I mean i can imagine, but there is one thing that is not that perfect. The angle on my snowboardboots is way diffrent. I am leaning more to the front, any experience with that ?

Zips are warm, and allow zero heel movement if you have hugh calves they may be a tight fit otherwize yes they will fit right in your shell liners don't care about forward lean

zipp has an uncondition guarantee, if they don't work send em back

jmho

Guest Hellrider
Zips are warm, and allow zero heel movement if you have hugh calves they may be a tight fit otherwize yes they will fit right in your shell liners don't care about forward lean

zipp has an uncondition guarantee, if they don't work send em back

jmho

Thanks man, i will sure give it a shot.....

My back heel always seemed too loose. I put a gel foam heel piece under the sole. It helped but still felt loose. Got a plastic heel piece from The Startinggate at Sutton Vermont. It helped.

Don't know if that's your problem but it seems that the heel is rubbing against something causing the blister-the plastic heel piece is about an inch wide and fitss around the heel of the boot liner- worked for me.

Michael