Note to New Members ×

Carving and Lingerie

csquared

Gotcha!

Actually, this was no idle troll, the two turn out to have something to do with each other. Here is a story from my day on the hill.

The conditions were perfect this morning and the sun was shining. It was a hero day. I was minding my own business and enjoying the carves when something pink looms up about 10' ahead as I drop into a carve. I was easily low enough to make the grab but it is always a little iffy with mitts. Couldn't look to see what it was for a minute because I was too busy carving and dodging lift towers but when the flats came up I took a closer look. It was not a ski hat as I at first assumed. It was in fact a petite pair of pink panties with quite a lot of pink lace trim and some kind of dangly gold thing on the front.

Couldn't help myself. First I laughed then I held them over my head and waved them like a flag for the folks on the lift. Did I mention my wife was coming down behind me? Not cool. I received a lecture once we got to the bottom and she realized what I was holding.

Okay, you're asking yourself, why is this guy making this up? What would a pair of panties be doing in the middle of a ski run? Simple answer...it was Ladies' day on Friday (ladies only event, no men at the club). It has become a kind of tradition or right of passage or some other incomprehensible female thing for the ladies to chuck undergarments from the lift into the upper branches of one of the maple trees that overhangs the run. Its only a 10' toss and the tree has about 15 new pieces of lingerie in it this year from bras to panties to camisoles. Strangely, an elastic waistband is all the remains of what must have been a jock strap from a few years ago. Lots of stuff has deteriorated to a few shreds of unidentifiable fabric. I guess this pair failed to tangle itself in the branches securely and it must have fluttered down just in front of me.

So there you go, carving and lingerie do mix.

Anyone scoop any other interesting stuff in low carves?

someone dropped a bunch of bananas from the lift and I eyed them all day wanting to go and slice them up. When the time came, I miscalculated and carved right beside them and only pushed them out of the way. My buddy behind me on skis actually rode over them.

We made jokes how his skis were faster with slippery banana juice on them.

I like to hit trail maps and other stuff people drop from the lift.

It has become a kind of tradition or right of passage or some other incomprehensible female thing for the ladies to chuck undergarments from the lift into the upper branches of one of the maple trees that overhangs the run. Its only a 10' toss and the tree has about 15 new pieces of lingerie in it this year from bras to panties to camisoles.

There's a tree like that at my home hill. Unfortunately it seems it's not just for the ladies. Boxers also flap in the breeze.

someone dropped a bunch of bananas from the lift and I eyed them all day wanting to go and slice them up. When the time came, I miscalculated and carved right beside them and only pushed them out of the way. My buddy behind me on skis actually rode over them.

We made jokes how his skis were faster with slippery banana juice on them.

I like to hit trail maps and other stuff people drop from the lift.

You should have picked it up and started eating it mid-carve. Or if you were feeling uber extreme, you could have gone into an armpit-dragging extreme carve and picked it up with your mouth.

...That gives me an idea. "Carving for apples": there is an apple on the slope and you have to carve and pick it up with your mouth.

The Fabled Panty tree. Outside had an article on the origins a while back.

I think the original one is under chair 5 at Vail - the one that services Sun Up/Sun Down bowls. I remember seeing it on a late-80's ski trip when i was in my teens, and my form pretty much went to crap for the rest of the day ;)

Gotcha!

It was in fact a petite pair of pink panties with quite a lot of pink lace trim and some kind of dangly gold thing on the front.

Consider yourself lucky they were petite and lacey. My friends and I got on a chair yesterday and there was an industrial looking bra hanging from the bar. A double D, four hooker with enough strap to wrap around a line-backer.

Scary!:eek: