Note to New Members ×

Thanks to the community

lstzephyr

Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks to those of you at the ses that helped me out. I took a roller wrong and crashed heavily on my shoulder, breaking my left arm. It was excruciatingly painful and I couldn't manage to help myself in anyway despite having the numbers to call for help/ski patrol. I have no idea who you were and I couldn't concentrate enough to even remember your face but all I need to know is that I crashed and there were multiple carvers/people gathered around to help me on the slopes. Someone took the demo board down to the tent and for that alone I owe you quite a bit. Someone took the board off my feet when I couldn't, they kept talking to me and trying to help, offering to take my backpack off and other ways to make me feel more comfortable. And they didn't even just immediately go on with their day when ski patrol showed up. You were my friends I never knew and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.:1luvu:

I went to the hospital(or rather was carried there), scanned a ton, xrayed, and eventually patched up. I now have a titanium plate in my arm and a scar from the surgery. The nurses, doctors, paramedics, mri techs, cooks and everyone was just amazing. Just reminded me how awesome people can be.

ride hard, I'll be back with you soon enough.

Most of the time we're like a big ole' dysfunctional family, but definitely there when needed....I love this community.

Well done good samaritans! Wherever you may be.

lstzephyr, hope you heal better than new and get back on the slopes when possible. Take care.

Nice to see people taking care of one another. It really sucks when you're sitting on your ass on the mountain having to come to terms with the fact that you've just seriously injured yourself, I'd say the only thing worse is watching carefree skiers and riders zip by as you agonize, without stopping to check if you are ok. I always check up on people when I see a big spill--hopefully the good karma will build up and people will stop for me the next time I **** myself up...

Mend quickly and strong.

Bob Jenney was the one with you when my friend and I stopped to see what was going on, and he's the one that took your board down later. Super nice guy; buy him a beer next year!

Hey Ken, I thought your friend only took the demo board down the hill 'cause he was the next person waiting in line to ride it. :D Just kidding. It's good to see how the members of this community are right there to help out when one of us needs it most.

Bob Jenney was the one with you when my friend and I stopped to see what was going on, and he's the one that took your board down later. Super nice guy; buy him a beer next year!

I'll definetly do that. Is he on here? I really appreciated not having to worry about that metal prior being lost or unable to be demoed.

Thanks for stopping. It helped me deal with the pain to have people around to distract me.

Yes it happened at the SES. I demoed a 176 prior wcr metal. I had been skiing the day before, I hadn't warmed up on my own board, and I didn't take it slow to learn the new board. It was also the narrowest board I've ridden. I was going down a run in a carve, and came up on a roller I had forgotten about going far too fast. I went to flatten it out to jump it, overcompensated and caught the edge. Basically I was unprepared and screwed up. :nono: Oops.

It is healing fast, seems like everyday it feels 5 times better. thanks for the well wishes

lstzephyr Bob is one of the Fathers of this board. He is one of the best people you will ever meet, I had an off on a motorcycle ride a couple seasons ago while out with him and he stuck by me and helped. I kept telling him go enjoy I'll be fine but he made sure I was ok and not just talking the talk. He stuck around at the shop until I got back out and even offered to ride with me North instead of going to meet up with the people we had plans with. There are not many in the world like him.

Paul

lstzephyr Bob is one of the Fathers of this board. He is one of the best people you will ever meet, I had an off on a motorcycle ride a couple seasons ago while out with him and he stuck by me and helped. I kept telling him go enjoy I'll be fine but he made sure I was ok and not just talking the talk. He stuck around at the shop until I got back out and even offered to ride with me North instead of going to meet up with the people we had plans with. There are not many in the world like him.

Paul

Sounds like an awesome guy!!:biggthump

By the way, My name is Alan.

Hey Alan,

Glad to hear you are OK.

It was actually two random people hiking up the face who got to you first. I was the guy who took the board off your feet and Bob took it down the hill for you. There were also quite a few others who stopped to make sure you were going to be alright, but I can't recall exactly who they were. Hope it all heals well and that we will see you at the session next year.

Cheers

Dan

P.S. Carvers being carvers, they tend to look out for each other, but don't offer to buy anyone a beer for it, otherwise you will have the entire session attendee list claiming to have stopped!