Rally at the Thunder Dome - Date and Details

dingbat

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ugh.. Hope your mountain held snow better than Jiminy......

Was like a hockey rink in the middle of many trails, but was still some nice parts on a few trails. THis cold snap freeze is either going to be GREAT, or will suck HUGE.

Lets hope the snow drains the water off before the big freeze......

or else I'll just be doing this with my head and knees on the ice: :smashfrea

Ding, I donno about BEast, but Jiminy just made some bitchen' snow, and the groomer team lastnight did a stellar job making the memories of boiler plate and rain fade from many minds very fast!

Was out ripping it with Paragon all day today. Trying to get him to come sunday also.

Jiminy is a 34.00 E-coupon day Sunday and 21.00 on Monday (the 25th) incase people can't make it to the Thundermeet.

www.jiminypeak.com and look for the e-coupon deal.

http://www.jiminypeak.com/promotions/ecoupons.php

BILL was at Jiminy today, saddly I was on the carver early in the AM and he caught me at "break"(egg sandwich and warm beverage time after ripping early runs) and I saw him later in the day.

*He had a collision with a skier about 2 weeks ago, and it rang his bell something fierce... I plan to ride with him tomorrow Again.

I'll Try to get him to come out Sunday.

Good News/ Bad News....

& Cool news.

Good is I have a $ 200.00 day tomorrow.........

Bad news is Its early in the morning with a requested 4 hour private with an entire family, so I will not be able to attend the "domeday". :boxing_sm:mad: argh.

Oh, and Cool news, I'll get to ride with BillB at Jiminy in the am :)

Dingbat, hopefully I'll be at Jiminy Monday am and we can get to ride perhaps.

LMK,

D.

Final list:

Mark Bennett

Willy Whit

Dave "Espi" Sheedy

Colin

Matt Roth (50/50 chance...)

Dave Howland

(though Matt and Espi have b****ed-out with some riddiculous stories about a birthday party and having to work or some such b.s.:rolleyes:)

I will try to check for late additions in the morning but probably wont have time. If for whatever reason someone does decide to come last minute, just find us up there and I will get you the discounted pass.

LOL....

let me put it like this.........

LANDLORD

:smashfrea -RENT

ME

200.00 is a fair chunk of coin. If I wasn't garnteed it, Ida called off in a heartbeat. Tips and lessons have been crap this year. Economy sux !

I just got done doing my final exam for an Ethics course ......... railing out on the carver first thing tomorrow will be sweet justice :)

Wish I was with ya all, but I'll be keeping company with BillB.

We will see about filming if we get a chance.

Cheers,

D.

I got 2 runs in this morning before it was opened to the public. Laid out hard on the toe just as the 360 opens out into the 180 trail under the Berkshire express, and then went to a stiffy heelside. amd turned it up hill and came to a stop. I turned to look at the chairlift, and I swear there was like 60 people looking at me .. LOL.

AWESOME HERO GROOM !

Glad you guys had a similar sexperience today aswell at B.E. !

I got a fat tip and 2 private request, so allsaid and done I made 180.00 in tips, so I was a happy camper today.

I did get drilled HARD by a sker though in a lesson around 10:00 am and he yardsaled as he hit me and left his skies wher they lie in the snow and moved me about 6 feet down hill. I turned and asked "? WTF WAS THAT ?"

He replied " You stopped".

DAUUUHHH !!!!!! its what people do when they reach the side of a trail edge and are facing their board into the woods after a turn!

I was out with BillB for a run int eh morning and he had a similar collision a few weeks ago.... I swear he passed me the curse !

I ended up gettign clipped 3 times today by people, and the day ended with a retard with skies on his shoulter turnig around as he was walking and clocking me inthe head witht ehm ! Good thing I still had my brain bucket on, or else I'd now have a nice lump on the side of my head.

All day today I was out and about and teaching and riding (with my bud Kris) and kept thinking of Rick Moranis in Spaceballs the Movie saying " *******S... I"M SURROUNDED BY *******S !"

I got off the hill. Just not anything more enjoyable than a nice deserted hill and perfect groom first thing. Atleast I got that in :)

I'm staying home tomorrow, my back is sore, so I think going 12 day straight will be a very bad idea. My legs are like rubber.

Hey Dave, I hear ya'. I did Saturday family night at B-East with two youngsters (6 and 9 yrs old). Its the first time I've ridden with them and I swear, I had my elbows out and my fists clentched ready to knock down the first out-of-control maniac who came close to hitting them...and there were many. I felt like a hockey goalie! It was actually pretty stressful. I guess no one taught these folks proper etiquette when they started skiing/riding. My dad did one thing right.

But that fantastic snow made it all worth it!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, that was heavenly. I guess we just have to share it with the idiots.

By the way, who's parking that black and green Renntiger outside the main doors of B-East? I've seen it my last two trips up. Strangely--its been riderless most of the time. Hmmm....