Note to New Members ×

Rally at the Thunder Dome - Date and Details

dingbat

By the way, who's parking that black and green Renntiger outside the main doors of B-East? I've seen it my last two trips up. Strangely--its been riderless most of the time. Hmmm....

That's me.

When you see the dark blue Salomon with the chewed up "Super Dad" sticker on the nose in the same spot, the Renn Tiger is on my feet.

Though they will let me teach on the alpine set up, I prefer to use my soft boots. Had you shown up this Saturday morning rather than with the hoards that rolled in for the last family night of President's week, (what the hell were you thinking by the way?:rolleyes:) you wouldn't have seen it there. Some of us had been riding for 7 1/2 hours by 4:00. By the time you showed up it was pretty lumpy, even on Exhibition and Lower Comp, which tend to stay smooth longer than anything else there. The nose of that RT is very soft, couple that with it being my first year on a hardboot/carving setup, you're likely to see it by the door when it gets that bumpy.

So are you a local guy? What are you riding? Shoot me a pm if your going to be up at the hill.

Oh, and one more thing. Don't put your board in my spot!:ices_ange

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Dingbat,

Nice to hear from you! I know, I know, Saturday morning was THE time to ride. (Actually, my boss and her crew took off from work at 2pm on Friday to hit the freshies at B-East. I should have known she wouldn't be around for long when she showed up for work, ski boots in hand that morning.) For me, I had (cheap ;)) family coming in from out of town--so they set the schedule for Family Night.

I live down the road in Florence, MA. I'm just starting to return to alpine riding. (I rode an old Burton asym M-series back in the day.) To transition, just this weekend I received my new F2 Speedcross, which I'm DYING to take out. I'll be riding a carving-oriented soft set-up on it for the time being. Otherwise, you'll see my black, Nidecker platinum on powder, crud, and slush days. Funny, I'm learning that I like a softer nose when the snow lumps up...

I'll drop you a line next time I'm headed North!

We Just figured you couldn't resist the glitz and glamour of Charlemont and got side-tracked as you drove through on your way to the hill.:rolleyes:

Colin's 360 would've been the sweetest move I'd ever seen done on a snowboard had he not landed square on his back and actualy intended to do it in the first place.;):biggthump

peewee.jpg

"I meant to do that."

Now was the 360 in the air or was it just a hard toe turn that over rotated into a nose press to a heel slide and around to the toe edge again?

LOL.

I felt like Sat AM was NOT the best day to ride. teh snow was still too soft and was sliding off the hard stuff under it too easily. I lost edge a few times, and put the carver away on Sat.

Sunday AM was indeed the perfect snow... atleast where I was.

Oh, and my back is better now :)

Now was the 360 in the air or was it just a hard toe turn that over rotated into a nose press to a heel slide and around to the toe edge again?

Oh it was in the air all right! I don't know if I can describe it without big hand and arm gestures, but I'll give it a shot.

He was doing some really tight, clean, round carves down a narrow blue that gets steeper right at the botom. Heelside, toeside, heelside onto the steeper pitch. The next transition didn't happen, he just stayed in that heelside carve and as the board came around to pointing straight up the fall line, it just carved right out of the snow, clean as a whistle, Colin was layed out in the air, rotating like a frisbee, as though the board was still carving it's arc in invisible snow. For a moment it was the coolest, most graceful thing I had ever seen done on a snowboard. Then it suddenly turned into a cloud of exploding snow with a clunky, orange-jacketed, Colin skidding through the middle of it. Man, if only he had landed it! :D

HAHAHAH ! Oh man thats EPIC !

Nice job! going to have to start calling him

"The Flying Pumpkin Carver"

:lol:

It was warm sunday morning, and I had my pit-vents open..........

Call it a snow-cheese grater... My body started to feel cold after my run, and I realised I had about 3 inches of snow in my coat .. LOL