Last day for MADDs

RJ-PS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cheri
Originally posted by lonerider

So are you saying this is your first season on hardboots and rode a month with your Wild Duck 154 and then switch to a 170? Or have you been riding the Duck for a while and only discovered the Madds this season?

I have considered Mike T's perspective on the issue that a smoother riding board will let me concentrate more on technique.

I started riding the Duck last year in February over the break. After that I rode a handful of times last season. So yes, I pretty much started this season in hardboots. I know I haven't ridden the 170 to it's potential but I have grown with it and will continue to. It's such a bummer that it's the end of the season. I would tell you to try one so you wouldn't have to take anyones word for it.

Guest Marilyn Cambers

Skully .... way back there .... I've got a better idea. Take your wife to the mall ... that is GO WITH HER AND BE REALLY HAPPY AND INTERESTED ABOUT IT .. buy her new make up and perfume and a new outfit, then go out to dinner ... spend some cash! You should be able to get both boards, no questions asked!

Me, I am considering one since the extension ... hmmm .. I'm just a beginner, did not get to ride one, but have heard GREAT things about both boards!

Great job MADD team!!

Marilyn ;)

Originally posted by Cheri

I started riding the Duck last year in February over the break. After that I rode a handful of times last season. So yes, I pretty much started this season in hardboots. I know I haven't ridden the 170 to it's potential but I have grown with it and will continue to. It's such a bummer that it's the end of the season. I would tell you to try one so you wouldn't have to take anyones word for it.

Well it looks like I'm going to end up trying on the hard way... joecarve is getting the 158 as well (maybe we could swap for a day next season). Yea I wanted to try the board out... but naturally your demo program was somewhat limited. Maybe now that you have a few boards sprinkled about the country people can borrow them for a few runs and see what they are like.

I AM A PIONEER! paving the way for future MADD riders... jk

Well, I guess I deserved a birthday present anyways :D

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

I thought the 170 had an 11.2m radius??

You are correct...in one run of 170's....the very first run (They were labeled 168's because.......horrors...they are) those were 11.2 sidecut and we felt that at 10.5 they would be the perfect consumer GS deck- without sacrificing too much turn versatility that you would find yourself sorely missing the 158.

I believe the re-releases will be 10.5..... as the boards were that were marked 170cm.

Only about 3 decks were 11.2 cm sidecuts...and one of those boards specs ended up in a buyers guide spec sheet.

There is plenty of overlap in turn radii of the 158 and 170- so you will always be able to choose the right deck for the job....and if you chose wrong, you probably will be able to deal with it for the rest of the day.

________

FORD MODULAR ENGINE

Guest Pre School Rider

I rode Shaggy's Prototype up at Stratton about a month ago. (btw,JG,I posted a review up on Freecarve.) It had Stainless Inserts,but they were still rcessed some into the deck,and I don't see any way around that in production.I don't have specifics on the layup on the new run,but some things won't be easily changed,and insert depth/topsheet thickness would be two items that would be tough to deal with. As for base material,a return to the original base is something I dearly hope for.That stuff was amazing!! Heck,I'd love to see it some other boards I can think of that I wear the p-tex off of.