Note to New Members ×

Compliment?

trikerdad

I was standing at the head of the line yesterday morning, waiting for first chair, when an older (35?) snowboarder on softies standing behind me asked, "What runs are you going to destroy this morning so I know which ones to avoid?". I said, "Ah c'mon, it's not that bad". He said, "Yes it is. I get up here as early as I can, hoping for first tracks, only to find your big ruts every where I go". I didn't tell him that he had made my day but, told him where I was going to ride and invited him to join me on first chair. By the time we got off at the top I think I had him half way convinced to try carving.

I get that sort of back handed compliment at least once or twice a season and pay it little or no mind. I have seen little kids get tossed by my ruts and that makes me feel bad. I sometimes have offered as consolation the fact that I am always first to dig deep enough to find rocks and such. When the snow softens up a bit the trenches are sometimes gratuitous. But who cares, really.

i have heard this comment a few times and my response is " i will stop making ruts if you stop making moguls":rolleyes:

very nice:lol::lol::lol::lol::biggthump

I had several people ask me on big mtn this week, when are your friends leaving they are ruining the mtn!:biggthump

Big mtn expression session:biggthump

Yeah I get this too occasionally. I definitely feel like it's an accidental compliment and I smile inside every time it happens.

When people *complain* about ruts, I look at them like they're insane and as politely as possible, suggest that if they can't ski over a little rut they should seriously consider going back to the bunny hill, or taking a few lessons. But it seems to me that most of the people who whine about ruts are generally not very good skiers/boarers and the type of person who is apt to complain about just about anything.

I've seen deep trenches at my own hill but compared to the incompitent groomers that leave track marks and boulders of compressed snow/ice that's insignificant. My local hill just got it's hands on a dragon groomer, but the farmers running it didn't put any flat in the pipe!!! It's all tranny!!! That's what you get when you have combine operators laying your cords.:mad:

i have heard this comment a few times and my response is " i will stop making ruts if you stop making moguls":rolleyes:

I guess I must be backassward, I would say "If you stop making moguls, I start making ruts".

Of course this doesn't hold true on impeccably groomed runs.

I know I'm in the minority, but it's fun to be a bit odd.

Wow! In 10 years of riding here in CO, I've never heard that!

Once though, I did have a pro Bush guy yell at me over the war while at A-basin on a lift. Even mentioned vague violent threats. I was like "how can you be mad while you're skiing???" (my Riot 179 has a "Who would jesus bomb?" sticker on it)

I only get questions about the gear or people behind me that say "look, there's one of those mono skis." The BTS is an intersting blue accessory on the back of an Orange Indy boot, should raise a few eyebrows.

Dmitry

Last week on Ajax, skier approaches us (Todd and myself), stops and says. “Wow, with you guys I always like to share the mountain” and gives a big thumb up.

I think it always comes down to the personality of the person… anyway, take it as a compliment.

Me and a 13 year old trencher.

Hey dude, I seldomly see you there at the mid-way station at Golden Peak. What days does that 13 years old ride with ski club ?

if that photo was taken recently, Im sorta swamped with the Sessions for this weekend. -grumble-