Note to New Members ×

what year... factory prime

Guest mr beeth

Guest mr beeth

what year is this factory prime, and how much would you pay for this setup?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140199843456

I'm looking for a setup for my weeknight race league (yes I've been racing softies and doing ok) new to race set up but 20 years boarding under my belt in VT and WA.

i'm 5-10 175 so this board should be about right for me for recreational GS.

Guest mr beeth

thanks, that's about what I expected. No idea on the year?

people do pay too much for burton. i'm actually the high bidder right now but won't go over 150.

the burton i ever owned was my first board... a performer elite 140, you only see those in museums now.

i'm assuming someone will come in on ebay at the last minute and outbid me.... so after that I'll start inquiring on the boards here.

btw my race league is mixed, it's a head to head format with skiers and boarders. i beat a skier last week by 0.1 seconds.

www.cityleague.com

That looks like one of the earliest versions of the FP boards. Not sure what year, but I would guess that it was around 94-95' (someone here will probably be more certain).

I'd be concerned about the bindings:

"IS MISSING ONE OF THE LOCKS ON THE BINDINGS BUT WILL NOT AFFECT THE USE OF THE BOARD."

That lock is what effectively holds the front bail in position, and without it, the bail could come loose - something you don't *ever* want to happen on the trail. One might assume that this not a concern, because one's toe would be over the block while locked in that the board was in use. That said, this is a fairly flexible binding, so it seems quite probable that you could torque it enough on a hard turn to permit it to lift and disengage mid-carve ... Otherwise, if the lock were to come loose while your foot is out of the binding (highly likely) you may end up locking in too loose and come out of your bindings mid-race. Either way: coming out of your bindings at speed or mid-turn is not something you *ever* want to happen.

I'd say that the seller was being extremely irresponsible making the claim that this will not affect use of the board, and that would make me squeamish.

That said, you may be able to get a replacement part for the binding from someone on here ..

Otherwise, Burton made two bindings that looked like that:

Performance, and carriers. The performace have an aluminum baseplate beneath the bindings, but the carriers do not. I have a pair of the carriers (step-in, so a bit different), and they would be fine for low-speed carving and AM/POW riding, but I definitely would not trust my safety to them at high speeds (I've never actually blown out of them, but I don't trust them). I hear that people have had relatively good experience with the performance bindings. Somebody else here may be able to tell if they are performance or carrier bindings.

Guest DarkClone

Have been riding Alpine well over 10 years. Never forget seeing a guy on a carving setup laying it over while eating at midmountain lodge Mammoth. Put away the skiis and bought a setup and have not been on skiis since. OK. I have used many bindings over the years but love the way the Burton bindings are so close to the deck. Only problem is they are a bit weak. Have broken so many performance I can't even count. The TD2 is kill but I just like riding with my feet on the board, not on some platform. The Ibex Speed is great cause it is basicly a performance on steroids. Have blown out on the Burton stuff at speed and guess the Gods are with me. Still made a bad mistake a few years back at June and have a very psychedelic blue titanium rod in me left tibia. Cond. were insane here in S. Cali. for weeks but picked up a subtropical jet and all that perfect packed pow is now being rained on. See you at the sesh. Darkclone out..........

Guest shrederjen

heya, are you working with Sean and Gavin from Snowperformance with your City League racing? They are good people and can set you in the right direction for a board.....:)

Guest mr beeth

crisis averted

got outbid... thankfully. seller was adamant that the binding was fine. didn't relish having to back out of that. seems some one wanted more anyway.

I haven't had time to do much than show up to race, I used to race on skis back in high school in the 80s (go suicide six!). My true love in snowboarding is steep craggy mother nature ungroomed off camber off piste snowboarding (throw in some rocks and trees and it's even better). My daily rider is a k2 eldorado 164 (last year they made them) with the stiffest boots northwave made the year I bought them. Anyway I'm really looking for a carving set-up purely for the racing side of things, maybe 7 races a year which is why I'm looking for some used gear. I love my soft (soft seems like a bad term, let's call it low angle strap) set-up for all terrain but need something narrow for kicking some skier butt.

crisis averted

got outbid... thankfully. seller was adamant that the binding was fine. didn't relish having to back out of that. seems some one wanted more anyway....

That was a '96 FP w/ performance plates. I was actually watching and had considered bidding (the seller didn't even bother to reply to my questions about camber) on this until I saw it going over $120, I didn't want it nearly that bad.

Actually, it's a 1995 Factory Prime with 1999 Carrier bindings. I got my server back, my website should be back online very soon now.

When you say it's a 95 as in coming out in the winter of 94-95 or 95-96. I still have one in a 173, that railed pretty hard for a while. I got it as cosmetic second for $75. But pretty sure that was Dec 94, or Jan 95. Not to sound like a doubting tomas cause that was a lot of Crown royal ago.

Loved that board, carved hard 19 cm waist, so it was a little mellower angles to start. Pretty damp. and then when I broke it down a bit, it was my bumps board for a couple years.