Note to New Members ×

New alpinepunk-site!

Mats

For next year maybe 172, but with two diff flexes the "normal" (carbon/kevlar) Afterburner handles from 60+ 100+ kilos. So there is no need I think after rider feedback. The split-tail makes all the difference. You can ride it tight or go big.

The Metalburner is a lot more aggressive and is a board for fast and hard riding.

/M

Hmmm Metal with a split tail.. hmmm spells Snap! :smashfrea

Geez if they snap Kessler like twigs.. whats adding a board thats being help by already slicing it?

Right Said Shred.. why not just perforate it down the center and get it over with...hahahhahaahhaha

Looks cool though..

First things. Split-tails is the surfiest you can ride on cord. Thats why I love them. And it´s the only carvingboards I have been riding since 2003. It´s addictive.

Second. I have had no problems with any of my boards. 150+ days on one of them. No warranties. Core is made out of expensive and durable ash - not poplar - with a full carbon/kevlar construction. Also, it´s not the same construction as a Kessler. And it´s got nothing in common with an old Sims, flexwhise, in construction or in build quality. I wanted to build the best performing board without any considerations other than quality. Riders has been on prototypes since last spring and we have had no probs with breaking boards while developing.

Anyway - you can try it in Aspen and probably at the eastcoast session.

Price is 1467$.

Carve low!

Hey Mats,

sorry you aren't going to be here. Is that how I understand it? Will miss seeing you under the chair everytime I ride up :lol:

so whos' gonna be demoing your board here? You'll also need to recant your statement about the surfiest board being a split tail. I've ridden them and to much pop for my surf style. I guess that's the difference between longboard riding and new school smashing the lip.

When will I see you again?

Joel

Fin will have my boards for demo. If Steve´s back from Tasmania you can drool over his Metalburner;-) Yes there is pop in the boards but the sink down under you much more than a conventional old burner. So not much shortboard feel.

No Milkland for me this year. I´m getting a little one anyday. Benedikte is VERY pregnant. So I´m grounded here in Stockholm with no snow. But hey, there will be a new carver born! So as you can imagine there is not much room for three weeks of Aspen this year. I will miss you and the crew.

There is tiny possibility that I can sneak out for a week later on. We will se.

/M