Note to New Members ×

The Schtubbys are coming...

Shred Gruumer

Another teaser from the Coiler Factory..

The one picture I had to darken the area around it so you can't see all the Secret materials.. Like the **** Kicker Karbon Core.. or the RC-55 Liquifier edges...

You think im kiding don't you...you'll see...:rolleyes:

The schtubby nose i also handy to support your shelves too...:nono:

post-186-141842248994_thumb.jpg

post-186-141842248996_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hummmk that's not as extreme as I was expecting from all the talk...those specs are almost at a level that I would consider owning one though I am actually looking more for a high 160's board. Shred are you still gonna be at ECES on Saturday?

Yep, Shred is getting mellow in his old age! The original was a 161 with 151 contact x 14.7m and that was a bit nuts! I had one similar with a 164 overall and it was a safe ride as it sported a little extra nose on it. The line will eventually have 2 different sizes, 166 and 171 with 13.2m on either or a secret sidecut(not yet developed) which will be in the mid 14m range on the 71.

They really are narrow extremecarve boards if you look at the numbers,the flex pattern and type are pretty close even the nose is similar!

Everything you ever wanted in an extremecarve without the width!

Really are fun to ride as you can enjoy some speed before they get squirrelly. Easy to slide around and of course the metal makes them grip as much as you will need. Just built one for myself and will have it as ECES for test rides. I am trying to build myself a board a week so if anyone wants to have the elusive test rides, there will be limited availability at ECES.

I should have

Stubby 171 x 20 x 13.2m

All Mountain 172x 21.5 x12m

NSR ( new school race) 185 x 20 x 13.7/17m

Extremecarve 173 x 22x 13.2m

Construction will be as follows, METAL, METAL, METAL, METAL.

Do you think I am trying to tell y'all something here:D

Brucie,

need mine for SES in 2 weeks....get busy and stop typing:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin

Just made up the template and will be planing the core in minutes. Assembly scheduled for Sat, ship on Tues or Wed. Along with it I will send the SES prize board ( if you don't mind) which is the hugely popular 172 AM Titanal 21.5 x 12m. I had to put that info out to the public as if the board disappears, your picture will be on some " wanted dead or alive" posters:D

Dave, funny funny

Bruce, Might be worth me getting some cosmetic surgery and changing my name to Jolene or something. No problem, I'll get it to the right people. Send me the new Tribal colors to pick from. I think you said there were 3.

Schtubbys rule...

JoelP

I am trying to build myself a board a week so if anyone wants to have the elusive test rides, there will be limited availability at ECES.

I should have

Stubby 171 x 20 x 13.2m

All Mountain 172x 21.5 x12m

NSR ( new school race) 185 x 20 x 13.7/17m

Extremecarve 173 x 22x 13.2m

Construction will be as follows, METAL, METAL, METAL, METAL.

Do you think I am trying to tell y'all something here:D

Bruce, are you going to have anything to for us to play with tomorrow at SOS? :1luvu:

D.:biggthump

Bruce, are you going to have anything to for us to play with tomorrow at SOS? :1luvu:

Yeah, a snow shovel!

Other than that I'll have the 171 stubby, a 164 SL and a 180 GS. All those are metal. Not the latest tech on the last 2 but good none the less. Saving a 72 glass AM swallowtail for myself.

All boards going to Colorado are now being withheld as those jokers keep sending up too much snow on the wrong days:angryfire

Yeah, a snow shovel!

Other than that I'll have the 171 stubby, a 164 SL and a 180 GS. All those are metal. Not the latest tech on the last 2 but good none the less. Saving a 72 glass AM swallowtail for myself.

All boards going to Colorado are now being withheld as those jokers keep sending up too much snow on the wrong days:angryfire

BV

Are you sending anything core for riders like myself to SES?

I would like to play with the new tech your putting out.

Billy

BV

Are you sending anything core for riders like myself to SES?

I would like to play with the new tech your putting out.

Billy

Billy my friend!

Sorry but no such luck on the demos, its the same old story as I just can't get caught up and have the time to make some up. I am trying to get a few for ECES as I am slowly transferring all the standard designs over to metal and adjusting as I go along to get them to have as many favorable characteristics as possible. I did some high end race development in the summer and fall but lately have been concentrating on the more widely used boards.You know, the ones that are fun to ride, you'd hate em :D

Hope the knee is well and you are out ripping it up. couple more months and we'll be kiting again!

Cheers

Sweet,

Perhaps if I make it to ECES I'll get to play.

Glad to see so many photos of you working latley! Hope you get caught up in time for water kiting. I am heading out the door to over 1.5 meters of fresh snow and 20 knot winds right now! Why wait for water when there is snow :biggthump Hope to see you at some point. Hope all is well up north and you are enjoying each day....

Think Wind dude!!!

Billy

Sweet,

Perhaps if I make it to ECES I'll get to play.

Glad to see so many photos of you working latley! Hope you get caught up in time for water kiting. I am heading out the door to over 1.5 meters of fresh snow and 20 knot winds right now! Why wait for water when there is snow :biggthump Hope to see you at some point. Hope all is well up north and you are enjoying each day....

Think Wind dude!!!

Billy

Isn't that snow stuff a bit hard on the body?

I'll be at ECES riding from Wed to Friday,hope to see you there.

BV

Yo Shred, what exactly is the attraction to the Schtubby design? What ride characteristic are you going to get, that you couldn't get on another type of board? I know it is long on sidecut and short on length. Doesn't that translate into a board that needs to go fast to turn but once going fast the shortness means it is unstable underfoot? :confused:

Or maybe I have that all wrong, which is definitely possible. :smashfrea

Maybe Bruce will let me ride his tomorrow if it is there for demo purposes. :ices_ange

Yo Shred, what exactly is the attraction to the Schtubby design? What ride characteristic are you going to get, that you couldn't get on another type of board? I know it is long on sidecut and short on length. Doesn't that translate into a board that needs to go fast to turn but once going fast the shortness means it is unstable underfoot?

You also get all the benefits of disfunctional nose ;)

I'm canceling out of tomorrows event. Weather is just going to be too nasty and by the sounds of it the demos would stay in the car as we are supposed to get 20+cms with an East wind which is right up the hill!

Sorry but its just not in the cards for tomorrow.

You are somewhat correct in your thinking of the shorter board being not so good at speed but the Titanal does help eliminate that to a certain degree. Also these boards can be forced into a tighter turn easier so the longer sidecut gets magically shortened a bit. I don't make the mid section crazy stiff so that is another factor in the tighter turn capability. Another thing I like is they are easy to slide and just generally fun as they are small and don't mind being tossed about.

BV

I'm canceling out of tomorrows event. Weather is just going to be too nasty and by the sounds of it the demos would stay in the car as we are supposed to get 20+cms with an East wind which is right up the hill!

Sorry but its just not in the cards for tomorrow.

BV

That's a bummer. Hope we still get a bunch out.