Note to New Members ×

binding vs. board choice

newcarver

Was wondering what would be the better binding choice for a softer flex board (Older Nidecker Proto)? I have the chioce of TD2 or Snowpro Race. I figured the SPs would be a little softer than the TDs? Boots are Reactors. Wasn't sure about how stiff these are compared to other boots? Was thinking that I should go with the softer bindings so the board wouldn't be overpowered. It's a 156 and I weight 165. I am just learning and haven't learned to ride very aggressively with a h/b set up yet. What's your thoughts?

Somebody chime in and tell me if I'm wrong, but my recollection is that several people here have had experiences with the snowpros breaking. I understand that Reactors are a pretty stiff boot though, so you may want to go with a softer binding and the TD2 is on the stiffer end of things, so if you go that way you will want to use the softest elastomer for the td2.

My 2c, I'm sure that people with more experience with the reactors and snowpros will chime in ...

I had Snowpro Race bindings and sold them and bought F2 Race Titaniums. The Snowpros don't have a captured rear bail, so it constantly flops back on you, making it very frustrating to clip into. After working with them, the F2 is also just a nicer product.

If the only choices are Snowpro or TD2, I'd go TD2.

The Reactors are among the stiffest snowboard specific boots. As for bindings, the TD2 are stiff, but you can tune the shock absorbtion with the elastomers and the suspension kit.

I never tried SnowPros, but I rode some Burton Performance (similar construction) for 8 years with Burton Furnace boots (identical to Reactors) without any breakage at 170-180 lbs. But I don't ride as aggressively as others here though.