Note to New Members ×

PSA re: tree maintenance

D-Sub

Just to let y'all know, when a tree limb needs to be removed after a storm, make sure you can get out of the way while cutting it. Even if you think you've planned its trajectory well, think twice and then again.

4-500 or so pounds of tree limb, angulated and inclinated right toward your inner thigh does not feel good.

I'm pretty sure I got lucky.

post-2005-141842244456_thumb.jpg

post-2005-141842244459_thumb.jpg

Glad to hear you were not hurt any worse, those trees can be a sneaky, evil and insidious lot. A guy was dropping trees across from my job site a month and a half ago, later in the day we heard a bunch of shouting and a loud crash, he had dropped one right into and across the street. Luckily no one was hurt, and no trucks were damaged.

mario

4:30am pacific and I can't farking sleep cuz my leg is throbbing. ****e.

I've been up for an hour cuz I can't farking sleep, But me leg she no does hurt.

Glad it wasn't worse for you. Have you iced her down? Ibuprofen is anti-inflammatory too. Should help.

I tangled with chain saw, a tree and it was pretty close to the same spot a few years ago. My partner freaked out cuz all he saw was about 6 inches of shredded jeans. actually layed me open about two inches and just barely at that. I was fine, not bleeding. I thought he was going to pass out from hyperventilating.

Wish I could send you a Vik. I always save a few from whatever scrip for situations like this.

I don't need pain meds, fellas. Bruising has started to show. This one's gonna be a doozy.

I felt horrible cutting that limb down. Wasnt the whole tree, but a large chunk of it. It had cracked during a storm though and probably would have given out at some point...

I don't need pain meds, fellas. Bruising has started to show. This one's gonna be a doozy.

I felt horrible cutting that limb down. Wasnt the whole tree, but a large chunk of it. It had cracked during a storm though and probably would have given out at some point...

Not like I was going to send my prescrip stuff anyway. Ibuprofen is not a just pain meds. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory. This = less swelling. Less bruising. Shorter recovery times. :rolleyes:

For me the Blended Canadian works just fine. I know that can sound savage to a scotch drinker, but the Clown Oil ( Crown Royal ) works just fine for me.

Negative on the infection. Watch for Puss, warm areas with what looks like streaking from the wound, odd smells (you will know it when you smell it, trust me). The puss is actually a normal reaction to infection, the other stuff is worse. Also if you come down with a fever ti might be worth a trip to the doc. We have had one guy come down with Necrotizing Fasciatis (spelling? Flesh eating disease) and another come down with MRSA, both healthy and both unexplained, but from open wounds on the skin. Not to worry you too much. Did I say the sky is falling? Get well

well, since nothing ever actually touched it...pants never ripped...I think I'm ok. I apparently have a pretty solid immune system...can only remember one infected wound all my life...dozens of skate injuries that never got infected...just one from a cut in the shower

oddly enough a couple of the scabs came off today...fairly dry pink skin under. Almost seems as if I have a super healing capability. interesting.

no puss, no smell, no streaks. just some moderate bruising.