Loveland Carving Session

big mario

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been thinking about coming for awhile now, with school work holding me back since I will be out of town the following weekend, but I think I just might have to suck it up and come on out. I have never ridden with other alpiners (or with a good board) so I will be looking forward to this. Hopefully I make it out there.

Pat

I have been thinking about coming for awhile now, with school work holding me back since I will be out of town the following weekend, but I think I just might have to suck it up and come on out. I have never ridden with other alpiners (or with a good board) so I will be looking forward to this. Hopefully I make it out there.

Pat

You won't be disappointed. Mario is a heckuva cook, boards that rip will be present and the riders you will meet, ride with, get tips from and become friends with will make you want to come out every weekend.

Get your school work done during the week and sunday so that you can attend.

Ink

I'm hoping to make it out there myself. If I do, it'll be my sixth day on hard boots, and my sixth day on a board since the '90s. I don't expect to keep up with any of you guys, but it'll be great to finally meet people who wear the correct type of boots :D

Please join us! You'll have a hootenanny time!

Carving skills not necessary :biggthump

Congratulations T&L!! I didn't know you added a new carver... maybe CJ can babysit at the tent while he serves the coffee and sweet rolls. ;)

Thanks, Stan! It's our first, very exciting. We'll try to come up and share some turns and babysitting, it's worked so far at Monarch :)

tom.

Yup, exactimundo. It's our 2.5 month old baby that might keep us from coming -- so we'll see how it goes, but I really want to come!

tom.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I know the drill but mine is 4 1/2 now. He may be up for the event in which case he will want to help watch the baby. We took turns with him so that the other parent could ride. The tent will be set up close to the lodge from what I hear which makes going in to warm up the little one easier.

Hope to see you there,

Ink

Thanks for all of your replys,

It seems I missed a few places for discount lift tickets in my original post, so here are a few more:

All boards sports aka the Bola Man, safeway , king soopers, sports authority.... or just click here

We could use a little help in a few areas:

If anyone has a pop up tent/canopy they can lend for the day that would be awesome, we could use a couple of these.

paper plates, plasticware, cookies(chocolate chip) lots o sandwich rolls, (preferably onion) and possible time donations( manning the fort, guarding the beer and boards for brief stints while cj and snowman need bathroom or medication breaks) you get the idea.

The food/beer/bro/gee I would really like to ride one of your viruses Thor area will be in the first four parking spaces of the first row, less than 75 yards to the lift, and Bola Demo's may be set up on the snow closer to the ticket office

PLease post any of the stuff you will be bringing so we don't end up with too much of one thing and not enough of others.

thanks for your help,

mario

I was reading some of the threads in carving community when I came across a link to this thread. Thanks for posting it.

I plan on driving to CO next weekend and will try to make it to Loveland on Saturday. I have been carving for several years now but am always looking for a group to carve with and learn from. I appreciate the invitation and look forward to meeting some of you. Hope to see you next Saturday. Thanks again for posting this.

I was reading some of the threads in carving community when I came across a link to this thread. Thanks for posting it.

I plan on driving to CO next weekend and will try to make it to Loveland on Saturday. I have been carving for several years now but am always looking for a group to carve with and learn from. I appreciate the invitation and look forward to meeting some of you. Hope to see you next Saturday. Thanks again for posting this.

Look forward to riding with you RA!! :biggthump

Guest woodworkmoney

Loveland is my home hill.... sort of. I am looking forward to seeing all the people that make up this group of hard core hard booters. I am also in need of help. I thought coming from a back ground of ski racing, I would be able to tear up a carve set up. I was a development team downhiller, and I am skidding an 185 oxygen gs. It turns too hard in the nose and the bindings are too far forward. I will detune the nose, but the side cut is just too steep