Note to New Members ×

NEW Ultimate Hardboot will be availlable

Cyrus the virus

From Sept 2004 we will offer our new hardboot VIRUS Evolution to all carvers on the planet. We testet now for more than 2 years in construction on a perfect hardboot. Our totally redesigned UPZ

(former UPS) hardboot has all features we need to have a perfect hardboot. With a boot engineer from Austria which has constructed also the actual ski boot of Bode Miller we have designed and constructed a five buckle + velcro strap boot made of polyamid 12 a a extremely durable nylon material which doesn´t change his flex in cold temperatures.

It has all options you need for carving and with nan extra sole adapter you can also use it for skiing and boarding with a buckle binding. Its Intec compatible and has a thermoformable inner boot! Pics will be soon availlable at www. virus-snowboards.de

bodie miller? doesn't he wear a nordica Doberman? mite be a little stiff for alpine snowboard application?? also you mite think of an English version on your website for your non German speaking friends. what about a US distributor?

Danksche

Originally posted by Cyrus the virus

From Sept 2004 we will offer our new hardboot VIRUS Evolution to all carvers on the planet. We testet now for more than 2 years in construction on a perfect hardboot. Our totally redesigned UPZ

(former UPS) hardboot has all features we need to have a perfect hardboot. With a boot engineer from Austria which has constructed also the actual ski boot of Bode Miller we have designed and constructed a five buckle + velcro strap boot made of polyamid 12 a a extremely durable nylon material which doesn´t change his flex in cold temperatures.

It has all options you need for carving and with nan extra sole adapter you can also use it for skiing and boarding with a buckle binding. Its Intec compatible and has a thermoformable inner boot! Pics will be soon availlable at www. virus-snowboards.de

That is:

www.virus-snowboards.de

Hey hey....a Euro acknowledging a US Skier!

This is a great day.......

;)

I'm not one to put too much hope on new product propaganda....but it's certainly no small undertaking to design/re-design a boot. The capital cost of molds alone is simply crazy....

Although this sounds like a material change.

As for the UPS RSV (if that is what we're talking about): It could use a plastics change along with a beefier spring system and NO (I repeat NO) cant (Lateral Flex) adjuster. Darn thing always comes loose.....

K

p.s. Opps....one other suggestion. Redesign the rear heel block like all other SB boots. The "bottom" fits like any other sb boot(Intec/FAST heel), but the top portion (for rat trap bail bindings) is rather screwy depending on the brand of binding.

Bode Miller now uses a Fischer soma ski boot like most of all the top ski athletes. The mold we produce is a redesigned UPS .

We changed the inner boot made the side flex from loose to a the

different positions fixed canting an we redesignes the lean forward mechanism with stronger springs we made the shell

2 cm higer to the possibility to use a velcro strap. We changed the buckles to a stronger version. Color will be red shell grey tongue . Produced in 500 Pairs as a VIRUS limited edition!

Ja, I hope I don't get fined by the dang yahoos in Congress!

There is soo much wrong mit utter boots dan Raichles, they are only ones whoo understand how da bukels should be made and how impotent the middle buckle is to have freedom to bend at that all impotent ankle buclkel thats why it still has the wire cords instead of a strap ,, those darn straps stop your flex and any other buckle than the ratchit type pop loose as you verk your boot.

****ing stupid boot mfg's they just don't get, it they slap a snowboard heel on it and call it a snowboard boot.

Lets god dam dezine one before the world gets sucked into a vacuum!

Don't get me started, Ja I mean it!

Right said Shred:mad:

Hello Shed , I´m so glad to hear that you like the raichle boots. Me and all my friends , customers and our worldcup riders don´t.

So ride on an have much fun with unflexible, notworking and much too stiff raichle 700 AF ´s( oups sorry now deeluxe indys) on your feed.

Right said cyrus ( 20 years odf riding!)

I'd like to see a good progressive rate spring design in the boot.

Also I'd like to see cuff that switch from left to right and can "flip" so a rider can make boots biased for goofy and regular footers.

Perhaps just selling them with an extra set of cuffs would be best.

For years I'm pounding my shin into one side of the tongue.

________

FORD AIRSTREAM SPECIFICATIONS

We also don't like the Raichles/Deeluxe that much and prefer a stiff shell that is controlled by a effective spring system. Funny to see that few riders in the top ten have them Raichles. Some ride special world cup raichles that u don't see on shelves ( even stiffer plastics) some ride nortwave .950 that are 3 year old ( Bozetto does), and some ride whatever they can, from old Burton to Head....

I think improving the raichles with a good spring system (Fin...?)

would be a great thing already! But if Cyris team can come out with something we could like why not ( hope we can test them Cyrus :)

Nils

Originally posted by nils

I think improving the raichles with a good spring system (Fin...?)

I think I remember Fin mentioning the possibility of selling a modified RAB for the Raichle/Deeluxe boots. Any news on this?

Maybe <a href="http://www.carver.cc/gallery/photo.php?photo=609&exhibition=3">something like this</a>?

I wouldn't mind that for my 423s. They're too stiff when locked, but too soft when unlocked.

As for the "UPZ", bring 'em on. The more boots the merrier.

Well, if your boot is going to be the "perfect hardboot," it had better have a highly adjustable (up to an including easy replacement of spring(s)), NON-CATCHING bidirectional spring system for forward/backward lean. If not, it's useless. People come in so many different weights and styles that without this this, the boot will only be truly great for a very small percentage of the user base.

• 1 month later...

Im a little anxious on when will it come out. I'd like to have those Madd boards, but these boots are my uppermost priority. Mr. Yoja tells me he'll notify me asap. Im wondering how's the progression going with those UPZ boots.

Originally posted by skeez rule

technica Icons they have carbon fiber so they are better!

and the cost more too wich allso means they are better.

when will you knuckle draggers learn

Just because something costs more doesn't mean that it's better. It is what works best for you and what you can afford.:D

Originally posted by Zcarver

Just because something costs more doesn't mean that it's better. It is what works best for you and what you can afford.:D

ZCarver, you do realize the person is obviously just pretending to be a troll and saying sill things because he's bored... no one is really that stupid.

• 2 months later...