Note to New Members ×

Poach, poach, poach, and poach again!

wavechaser

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its an exclamation expressing suprise or amazement. more often used in an urban setting, but sometimes used, (somewhat sarcastically) to prove a point, or to generate humour.:biggthump

Cool! Thanks. I kind of thought that is what it was. But now I know....:D

Nope - I had a run-in with this guy before. He was from Massaschusetts, but moved to Jersey...worst of both worlds. Just a big time loser skier with an attitude. :biggthump

This guys for real???!!!!! Hope this guy was neutered at birth so he doesn't contaminate the gene pool......then again look at him, i don't think we have to worry about him ever getting any.

This guys for real???!!!!! Hope this guy was neutered at birth so he doesn't contaminate the gene pool......then again look at him, i don't think we have to worry about him ever getting any.

but as long as there are women like this ...3308.jpg

... we still have to worry.

edit: ok, maybe i should remove my statement, because even this person is with what appears to be a park monkey!:biggthump

but as long as there are women like this ...3308.jpg

... we still have to worry.

edit: ok, maybe i should remove my statement, because even this person is with what appears to be a park monkey!:biggthump

Come on out to WTC and at the end of the day, you too may be able to leave PC with one of these on yer arm. They'll settle for the occasional jibber, but the they go absolutely weak-in-the-knees over guys w/hard gear :1luvu::1luvu: ;)

Too much fun!!!! I needed a good laugh to tears. skeez is what these resorts are trying to keep out. I'll out ski him forward, I'll out ski him switch,I'll out ski him tele, I'll out ski him on a mono, I'll out ski him on leather & hickory, I'll out ski him on 1 stick or 2 ,forward or backward and if he can out turn me on any thing that slides on snow he'll still be a pompous azs.

:smashfrea

Laird did an Amex commercial, he's a sell out too

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbu9ZTLLefE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbu9ZTLLefE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:smashfrea

ya knucklehead :lol:

OMG ! :eek:

the beautiful people , the beautiful people

eeewwwwwwwwww

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g-3p_xN32A&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g-3p_xN32A&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I think it's funny that a company SO involved with it from the beginning stirs such emotion...... If it wasn't for them, snowboarding would not be what it is today. We should at least be somewhat proud of it (them)........

</here>

don't fear the Cougars.....or the Leopards, or the Zebras....

OK, back on topic......

on the other hand, what if chuck barfoot, tom sims et al had gone the route jake did ? Winterstick is still around, up there in Maine. what about Avalanche, Kemper ? Flite ?

btw, jake did not "invent" snowboarding.....

Jake had a great "business" plan.....thanks Jake.

Now he thinks he'll be all retro aggro and promote poaching.....kinda weird wild marketing stuff, methinks. :flamethro

don't get me wrong, Jake's a good guy, it's big business that keeps down the little guys, doin' it for the passion, eekin out a living in the snowboard biz. I always give Jake a friendly wave as he hovers over the US Open in his big white helicopter.

http://barfoot.com/ watch the video ! Sabbath !

maybe if we all put skeezer droolz on IGNORE maybe the troll will starve :eplus2:

87auypl.jpg

6llmma8.jpg

post-123-14184224285_thumb.jpg

maybe if we all put skeezer droolz on IGNORE maybe the troll will starve :eplus2:

Nah, too much fun putting the him in his place. Willy, something tells me you'll never be able to get away from this guy (girl? tranny?) no matter how hard you try. He'll still find a way to be in your face!

OK, back on topic......

on the other hand, what if chuck barfoot, tom sims et al had gone the route jake did ? Winterstick is still around, up there in Maine. what about Avalanche, Kemper ? Flite ?

btw, jake did not "invent" snowboarding.....

Jake had a great "business" plan.....thanks Jake.

Now he thinks he'll be all retro aggro and promote poaching.....kinda weird wild marketing stuff, methinks. :flamethro

don't get me wrong, Jake's a good guy, it's big business that keeps down the little guys, doin' it for the passion, eekin out a living in the snowboard biz. I always give Jake a friendly wave as he hovers over the US Open in his big white helicopter.

http://barfoot.com/ watch the video ! Sabbath !

I really liked Sims boards, until he sold (out?) to Vision......:(

Thanks for the link to that video Willy, WAY cool!!!!

What kind of wave do you give him????? One finger??? :eplus2:

Unfurtuanately it is not always the creator(s) that flourishes, usually it's the guy peeking over his shoulder.

Hmmmm....well, the footage of the young ladies deliberately riding close to and spraying skiers seems a bit counter productive to the cause. I could see those resorts using it as an example of why they dont allow boarders. Poor show, IMO. The other 3 are sweet :biggthump

agreed +1

STATE OF THE MOUNTAIN : POACH FOR FREEDOM

Since the release of our Poachers web story on burton.com, several people have contacted Burton complaining of our actions. While I fully respect their prerogative to voice their opinion, they should in return grant us the same courtesy. We have been snowboarding at major resorts for well over 20 years now and in the process, we have demonstrated our sport to be for real, and of no threat to society. The fact is that two of the four resorts operate on federal forest land, which makes this issue even more frustrating since the taxes of many snowboarders help finance these resorts. I'm confident that if these four resorts outlawed skiing tomorrow, there would be a protest long before 20 years passed, and rightfully so. I want to add that we have been careful not to break any laws, nor to encourage anyone to break any laws (see the Poaching 10 Commandments on burton.com/poachers) in our efforts to liberate these mountains. If you have spent as much time in the mountains as I have, you would know that every mountain has a personality, and while they can be brutally cruel at times, discrimination is not in their DNA.

Jake Burton

Founder-Burton Snowboards

A good friend of mine tried about seven years ago to start a private snowboard school/camp based in Avon ,Colorado,from where the intent was to take campers to Vail and Beaver Creek as well as a few other resorts. Most of Vail and some of Beaver Creek acreage is public lands. The Vail Resorts parent company blackballed him, sued him and threatened him (with the cooperation of Eagle County Sherrifs) with arrest if he were ever to try and enter the mountain again.He was trying his best to be diplomatic by remaining a part of the skischool and paying full boat for lift tickets as well as offering a cut to the company but their rule is law since they lease the land from OUR government and have nearly all rights granted outright owners.To add insult ,the leases these monopolies have are generally dirt cheap.

STATE OF THE MOUNTAIN : POACH FOR FREEDOM

Since the release of our Poachers web story on burton.com, several people have contacted Burton complaining of our actions. While I fully respect their prerogative to voice their opinion, they should in return grant us the same courtesy. We have been snowboarding at major resorts for well over 20 years now and in the process, we have demonstrated our sport to be for real, and of no threat to society. The fact is that two of the four resorts operate on federal forest land, which makes this issue even more frustrating since the taxes of many snowboarders help finance these resorts. I'm confident that if these four resorts outlawed skiing tomorrow, there would be a protest long before 20 years passed, and rightfully so. I want to add that we have been careful not to break any laws, nor to encourage anyone to break any laws (see the Poaching 10 Commandments on burton.com/poachers) in our efforts to liberate these mountains. If you have spent as much time in the mountains as I have, you would know that every mountain has a personality, and while they can be brutally cruel at times, discrimination is not in their DNA.

Jake Burton

Founder-Burton Snowboards

They would have been MUCH better off to have included such a statement in the poaching site right off the bat. Understandably, tomfoolery will always get a lot more videos submitted than a well-reasoned, carefully considered argument, but they should also have included something to this effect along with the PR bs.

Of course you can't generalize but I can't stand snowboarders. I'm a little surprise only 4 resorts ban'em but then the typical little grinder spends a decent amount of money working on his "street cred" and trying to look "core" so I guess you just have to. So annoying!

It's not the snowboard so much as the demographic. Young, un-neutered males, they're just so annoying!

It's not the demographic, it's the whole "image" thing. That "snowboarder" image is so annoying!

As perfectly demonstrated by Burton's poaching campaign.

interestingly enough ... burton seems to have edited the one video up there to remove most of the footage ... there are no more shots of the girls at (alta was it?) harassing skiers and generally making snowboarders look like a bunch of pricks.

Smart move, it didn't really jive with their "rules" for the contest.

Of course you can't generalize but I can't stand snowboarders. I'm a little surprise only 4 resorts ban'em but then the typical little grinder spends a decent amount of money working on his "street cred" and trying to look "core" so I guess you just have to. So annoying!

It's not the snowboard so much as the demographic. Young, un-neutered males, they're just so annoying!

It's not the demographic, it's the whole "image" thing. That "snowboarder" image is so annoying!

As perfectly demonstrated by Burton's poaching campaign.

The trolls are multiplying....:smashfrea