Note to New Members ×

Do Burton plate bindings come in different sizes (s,m,l) or are they adjustable?

Matt_S4

These are very adjustable. See the screws in the silver plates front and back of the black 3d disc. I think they go down to where they are set in the photo 22-23 and out to somewhere around 12 or 13. I ride these binders, love 'em and where a size 28.5-29 shell.

You don't mind if I bid against you do you?? :eplus2:

Hey Matt,

I think I have ridden with you a few times at Mountain Creek. Any way I've had a few pairs of Burton bindings. Carrier, race, and physics plates. All of which were definately adjustable. The ones you are bidding on look like race plates and I can say for sure they are adjustable. My boot size was 28.5 or about 9 1/2. They fit this boot with no problems. I don't know if there were small and large but as posted above, there might have been.

The one thing that I would warn you about is with ALL Burton bindings, the base plate could snap. Out of the six different pairs that I had I broke four pairs. One pair was just the base plate which wasn't really a problem at the time because I was able to get replcement parts from Burton. Not any more and I don't think Klug's site has much left if any at all. Twice I ripped the towers off the physics race plate and one pair of carrier plates I tore completely in half. The top half actually buckled in half. So beware. They can only take so much hard riding and can fail after some time.

Good Luck

I have those exact same bindings (except I painted the neon green base black). They are very adjustable. The ad says they have the shims to raise or lower the foot, but I don't see the shims I'm thinking of, which have always been red when I've seen them. It's nice that they come with the 3D and the 4x4 discs and the cant plate.

I've ridden on these for over a decade, and also have a newer generation set of Burton race plates, and I've never had anything break. But then I'm not a super heavy or strong or aggressive rider.

I've had a single set of burton race plates for 10 years and I've never had an issue. The only thing that wore out was the padded insert under the front foot because I used the softer of the two (yellow) and it just didn't hold up. I switched it out for the harder (red) and it's been fine. I still use yellow on the back foot and its fine.

I'm about 6'-2" 250, so not for lack of putting them to the test. never broken a bail, never had any other problems.

I used to ride Burton Boilers and I jsut got some new UPZ RSV's and the footprint is MUCh smaller on the UPZ's, but they fit the boiler MP 30's just fine. I probably had the M-L version of the 1997 model Race plates.