Note to New Members ×

Poll: How long do your boards last?

mopoet178

In days, how long do your boards usually last before you consider them worn out?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. In days, how long do your boards usually last before you consider them worn out?

Once you get into quiver accumulation, this becomes a hard question to answer. If a board lasts for 100 days, you have 5+ boards, and you're a rec carver that notches maybe 20-30 days per season...assuming boards cycle in and out of your quiver occasionally, you'll never wear one out.

Having said that, I still have my second board ever, an Arbor Munoz 162. I guess it's getting towards the 80-100-day mark, about half of that on hard boots. I wouldn't say that's it's completely trashed, but the flex is definitely much softer than it used to be...it's pretty close to becoming a dedicated rock/off-piste board.

I also have a 178 4807 that I suspect of being close to structural failure, but that's due to a couple of ill-considered trips through the park :smashfrea, which isn't really normal wear and tear.

So I voted 100-125 days, but YMMV: that's based on a very small sample size, and not even carving decks Also, I'm 155 lbs and not the most aggressive carver around (I'm working on it :biggthump )

I still have my soft boot board, but it's retired cause that was probably 10 years ago that I started on it. I don't know how much my other two have been used since I got them used, but I can tell you one thing, I'm gonna be using them for the next couple of years, that's for darn sure.

• 2 weeks later...

not one of my coilers has gone dead on me and I had at least 75 days on one of them.

I've had a couple rossignols that were dead in about seven days on snow.

burtons I tend to get about 30 to 50 before they feel tired but I did have a burton canyon that I put almost 150 on and it was still a decent ride.

generally from my own experience and based on the patrollers I used to work with the shortest lived boards are rossis for some reason. they do tend to ride real nice when they are fresh though.

just about any alpine board will be junk if you fold the nose real good a couple times.

Once you get into quiver accumulation, this becomes a hard question to answer. If a board lasts for 100 days, you have 5+ boards, and you're a rec carver that notches maybe 20-30 days per season...assuming boards cycle in and out of your quiver occasionally, you'll never wear one out.)

Hard to answer but looking at my brother's stuff I'm thinking > 125d would still be OK. I've got the quiver and no time, he's got the time and no quiver. Kinda funny that way.

Have well over 12,000 runs on my Rossignol 1997 twintip. I raced in it as well.

Days ? well over 500+ and it is still a superb board that I hand to people and let them ride and they come back sayig it is one of the sweetest boards they have been on and can't believe how nice it is despite it's age.

So I bought another one last year :D

:biggthump Gotta love E-bay

My quiver consists of one alpine board and one freestyle. That expendable income for a new board always gets used to go out west once a year. Unfortunately for me, I can't afford to do both. Better to use what I have, then get something new, than not be able to use it in a proper place. I ride my boards nonstop, countless runs. Right now, I am riding a Burton T6, and It is truly the best freestyle board I have ridden hands down. Ton's of snap, and except for slight toe drag due to my softies, rides like an alpine board, no exaggeration. Total, "-snap", if you know what I mean. I highly recommend it.

Can't forget about the PJ hanging on the wall. Probably around 10000 runs on that.

still got my first board volkl zebra 168 very wide always used plates on it been stone ground so thin it's translucent

got a virus black death or two one's got a non wax base and 2 1/2 inches of camber... expect to see it last awhile the other has a ptex base and 2 1/2 inches of camber same

got a lot of virsuses don't see any of them not lasting less than 600 days each anyway

got a tinkler that would do ok in iraq for 25 years with no wax bombproof

got some burners they already lasted 125 days +

got a 176 prior pow-stix hope it see's at least 125 days seen three so far

had a few boards that didn't last me one run