Note to New Members ×

Never Summer's Product

xsport652

What is your opinion on their boards? I am looking for a new soft boot board. I am carving on hardpack 95% of my time on the mountain. I can lay deep trenches and hold very strong lines but not to an extent like you guys with the hard boots. Problem is I need the board to be at least 25.8 wide for my boots. Coming from a K2 Recon Riser 161 I was getting heel and toe drag on soft and hard snow and for some reason I was just never really impressed with the board.Any specific boards in general I should look out for?

scan0006.jpg

scan0007-1.jpg

DSCF4861-1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

I like the never summer products a lot. A few years back their chief engineer was a BJ Slater, aka BS boards and Liberation race boards. For my short freeride board I ride and older 172 premier that I really like and much of last year was carving on it till DT and Big Mario got me back on plates. I was hanging with those two till they started to grasp the information that I was filling their heads with. For my big freeride board I am all about the Tanker, now with the 200 in my quiver.

Another thing you may try are Palmer PLS risers or another brand. This will allow you to get better edge angles with a little heel and toe overhang.

Good luck,

Ink

I am pretty happy with the Never Summer Legacy 174 that I got last year. I use it as an all mountain freestyle board - which is exactly what it is built for. It carves almost as well as any softy board that I've been on. I also have a Donek Sasquatch (you would want the wide) that I would say probably carves a little better than the NS, but I still can't find fault with the NS. It carves like a dream.

Wow awesome responses guys. The Donek Freeride wide looks like a great fit. It also looks like i could stay with a 161 and still have great edge hold and stiffness too. Would this be a board that is too stiff too once in a while do some real short radius turns in? cuz once in a while I could get in a flow doing that with my older board and it felt great. I am worried this Donek freeride is going to only be able to do big wide gs style turns. I can go from doing long wide fast turns one run to real hard aggressive short stuff the next. I guess i am getting to what size you would you guys recommend given my dimensions.

6 ft 180 pounds.

Thanks again.

Well Mr. Cuban Please inform me then ;)

I know you like the tankers for everything that you do - if you were going for 95% carving, would you still take one over an Incline?

yes, he donek is nice to haul ass on but other than that it's harder board to ride and get it to do what I want it to.

the flex on the tanker is a little more even flexing, I can turn the hell out of it at all but higher end of the speed spectrum where as the donek turns alright at lower speeds but really is more at home hauling.

the tanker work allot better cutting through chop in particular, on my sasquatch I'd really get tossed around in conditions that the tanker will charge through do to a softer and more even flex.

I like the never summer products a lot. A few years back their chief engineer was a BJ Slater, aka BS boards and Liberation race boards. For my short freeride board I ride and older 172 premier that I really like and much of last year was carving on it till DT and Big Mario got me back on plates. I was hanging with those two till they started to grasp the information that I was filling their heads with. For my big freeride board I am all about the Tanker, now with the 200 in my quiver.

Another thing you may try are Palmer PLS risers or another brand. This will allow you to get better edge angles with a little heel and toe overhang.

Good luck,

Ink

Caution pot stiring, detween old friends

For sure D,

What is it alpine racing brings to snowboarding, Oh sick boards from race builders...Who worked with racers to make it happen.

I was just listening to one of the Kids I play with in the park ,Ben Milshaps, whos a Never summer team rider. He was loving how well his board carved compared to others. You Chuck and Mort sure helped BJ make some sick stuff, I still have a Liber in the demo fleet for thoose who want to know.

Thanks from doing your part!!!!

B