Note to New Members ×

body armor insulation question

Buell

they are pretty warm, but only selectively. i ride with a thinner fleece underneath my shell, but sometimes the thicker one also. armor tends not to be breathable under the plastic, so keep that in mind, and lastly, make sure you size your jacket to fit with the armor on and a thick fleece in case...

Buell, I have a full top and when I ride with it i found that I only need to wear a t-shirt under it with my arc-teryx shell in almost all condtions and when I hike in the backcountry I actually take the armor off so that I do not overheat. Hope that helps and i definately agree with alex on making sure your coat will fit over it before you buy.

cheers

they are pretty warm, but only selectively. i ride with a thinner fleece underneath my shell, but sometimes the thicker one also. armor tends not to be breathable under the plastic, so keep that in mind, and lastly, make sure you size your jacket to fit with the armor on and a thick fleece in case...

Above 20*f I ride with a shortsleeved shirt underneath a back protector and an unlined jacket. Down to 11*F I use a the same jacket with a longsleeved fleece shirt and neck warmer. Full back protectors are very warm, even with the mesh vest. I wear it more in pow than carving. Impact shorts are my choice for carving. I don't notice very much added warmth from them. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to hijack your tread Buell, since you seem to be done with it, and I didn't want to resurrect one of the ancient body armor threads. :rolleyes:

Any BOL members have any experience with Demon protective gear?

Demon Snow Protective Gear

Their vest looks simple and effective, and less expensive than a lot of others I've seen:

yhst-83504286355046_1966_12078304yhst-83504286355046_1966_12277383

I haven't worn them but we do carry them. We have a limited supply of 2005 models with full sleeves on sale. At checkout, enter the control code of BOL for an extra $5 off. Free USPS Priority Mail shipping to the contiguous 48 states. We will ship elsewhere too. Email me for a quote.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't worn them but we do carry them. We have a limited supply of 2005 models with full sleeves on sale. At checkout, enter the control code of BOL for an extra $5 off. Free USPS Priority Mail shipping to the contiguous 48 states. We will ship elsewhere too. Email me for a quote.

A number of them have sold. As of this morning we only have 2 left in large and 1 in medium.